This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop1.4.3+win32 under windows95,98

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

I edited config file. Then double clicked on "eggdrop.exe" Then the msg I received is
[17:15] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
What should I do?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Follow the intructions on about setting up a bot on egghlpe.org.

You do no start it by just load the eggdrop program.

For windows versions.

Open a DOS console. (Click start, run and type command)
Navigate to the directory that the eggdrop is in (If windows is feeling kind, it should have done this for you)
Now to start eggdrop, you need the name of the config file your created.
Now type "eggdrop -m <configfile name>"

THis will start the bot in userfile creation mode. WHen you start it using this method from now on, you do not need to type the "-m"
G

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much for your help. I did followed what you suggersted but I got another problem
[00:39] * Hostname self-lookup failed
Although I did my-hostname or my-ip or both, still got that msg :sad:
Do you have any solution?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

On the my-ip and my-hostname lines, remove the # from the begining of the line.
G

Post by Guest »

Yes, I did remove #. I tried first only with my-ip. Then, only with my-hostname. And then, both of them. But still got the same msg
[00:39] * Hostname self-lookup failed.
Any comment?
C
Chrysalis
Voice

Post by Chrysalis »

keep set my-ip commented

and set my-hostname to localhost
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Try unloading the dns module.

Find the line that says "loadmodule dns" and put a # at the start:

#loadmoule dns
G

Post by Guest »

Thanks alot to all for help. It was my mistake. I've figured out now lol. As I'm new to eggie, I wonder what this line means...
[13:55] === JR: 1 channels, 0 users.
Does that mean it has already connected to ircnet? I went to irc and /msg JR hello but server said no such nick. I donno where it's sitting now.
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

First, how did you fix your earlier problem? If you post your solution maybe other people with the same problem can benefit :smile:

Second, try telnetting to the bot. Start -> Run -> telnet localhost 3333 (or whatever port you chose in your config file). Then log in as "new". When you're on type .status, and if it's not on a server, type .jump and see if there are errors.
G

Post by Guest »

First of all, sorry, I forgot to tell. I just go to mIRC, options, connect, Localhost, and see the info of Local Host and IP Address there (I must connect to irc first). Then copy from mIRC and put it in config my-hostname and my-ip...that's it! :smile:

Second, I cant telnet. When I did, it said "could not connect to localhost" :sad: what should I do?
G

Post by Guest »

First of all, sorry, I forgot to tell. I just go to mIRC, options, connect, Localhost, and see the info of Local Host and IP Address there (I must connect to irc first). Then copy from mIRC and put it in config my-hostname and my-ip...that's it! :smile:

Second, I cant telnet. When I did, it said "could not connect to localhost" :sad: what should I do?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I gather, then, you inserted the corect network details then.

As for your other problem.

What number did you use in the line with "listen" in your config file.

This is the port number you should be using.
G

Post by Guest »

I used the same port number (3333) as set in listen 3333 all but still be unable to connect.
Well..then I tried to review conf file again and commented out listen 3333 all and now my bot is running. But after I dcc chat my bot, it shown only "no help on that" when I tyuped .help, even .help all.
(I msged hello to bot then became owner and did set pass then dcc chat. ) Did I miss any step? thanks for helps