This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrops auto-kills (process) itself daily

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
Bytez
Op

Eggdrops auto-kills (process) itself daily

Post by Bytez »

This is really baffling me. ALL 5 of my eggdrops on this server auto-kills itself at around 2:45AM every single day. :? They are all connected by a botnet. I asked the host to check why and they said:
After review of your server, I am currently seeing that there is no processes killing your bots. Also, I am not seeing any cron jobs or history reports that are signifying that eggdrop has been killed.
I have not a single clue as to why all the eggdrop processes are killed daily at the same time. :shock: Anyone could help, thanks in advance.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

you should check wich special events are triggered there. some modules like stats.mod reset the daily stats at this time (3:00 am). have you checked if a DEBUG report is created? if so, it might contain addional informations.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

De Kus wrote:you should check wich special events are triggered there. some modules like stats.mod reset the daily stats at this time (3:00 am). have you checked if a DEBUG report is created? if so, it might contain addional informations.
This never happened before though, only started to happen after I moved to another server. How do I check for a DEBUG report? I also made sure all paths are correct.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

the DEBUG report should appear as filename "DEBUG" (thats why I wrote it that way @_o) in the main directory of your bot.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

I couldn't find the DEBUG file in the main directory of my bot. :?
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

eggdrop is also switching logfiles by default at 3am.
if you recently moved to another server, there could be a incorrect complete path somewhere that mess things up, possibly one related to logfile.
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

I changed the conf file to save logs at midnight. Also, removed all third party scripts from the conf file and it still auto-kills itself, just left the default loaded scripts in the conf file. I checked to make sure all paths are correct. :?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

This appears to be some screwed up setting at your providers end; along the lines of when an account exceeds the number of bg's assigned to it and is autokilled.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

My friend made me an account, didn't set any limits on the number of background processes. The tech didn't see anything of that nature on the server.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Bytez wrote:My friend made me an account, didn't set any limits on the number of background processes. The tech didn't see anything of that nature on the server.
Okies :) But I'm convinced there's a setting that is not set properly. I'll try and figure it out from my end also. :D

***Edited***
From an RH Certified friend of mine. :)
only way to figure it out if there's nothing in the logs is to watch it when it actually happens with strace -p #pid
may need root to watch an strace stack output
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

I'll try the strace command, thanks a lot :)