This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Binding time

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
-
-W0kk3L-
Voice

Binding time

Post by -W0kk3L- »

Howdi,

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? I'm trying to schedule a certain proc to start on 9am, every day. But for some reason it doesn't work. Currently i have this in the tcl:

Code: Select all

bind time - "00 09 * * *" nex_addip2cheatr
When running manual, the script works fine. But when it needs running timed, it refuses. No errors or what so ever..... Anyone have a clue?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

There is nothing wrong with that bind time. You have got to remember that when you manually run the proc the bot has your nick, uhost, handle, channel, and any arguments you pass in. When you run it automatically the bot does not have any of these things and you need to pass them in to your proc.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
-
-W0kk3L-
Voice

Post by -W0kk3L- »

I know.. already did that. The proc doesn't have any parameters. Weird... well lets see if it works tomorrow. Restarted the bot, so maybe that helps...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if it doesn't have any parameters, you should be getting an error when invoked by timer, since the timer passes to it 5 arguments

check whether you actually have that bind active, on bot's partyline type .binds time