This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Website update script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
BigBadPhil
Voice

Website update script

Post by BigBadPhil »

Is there a script out there that sends a message to a channel when it has been updated? VCD quality for example? Everytime it gets updated it sends a message to the channel

Phil
Regards
BigBadPhil™

http://www.bigbadphil.com
p
psycho

Post by psycho »

Wouldnt mind some info on a script that does this myself, running a gaming community website, would be nice to have the members notified in our channel on game updates/patches/mods/maps etc rather than keep refreshing the webpage.

Anyone know of such a much sort after tcl for an eggdrop, would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance 8)
t
togglemuch
Voice

Post by togglemuch »

I was also looking for a script like this, how do i go about looking for one. If someone could link me, that would just make my life.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you need to know whether a web page has changed (no matter how, just the mere fact of changing), or you need to know and display what exactly has changed?

the former is simple to implement for any website, the latter has to be tailored to a specific website
t
togglemuch
Voice

Post by togglemuch »

The latter preferably.

I know nothing of the sort, i'm an Egg drop noobie. I'm just trying to get one for my gaming team Organization, to keep users up to date in our channel.

If yo ucould tell me how i would go about setting this up after it's all coded (if u can please link me to a ready coded template that all i have to do is edit some links or some tutorial thats easy to follow :D) and upload it to a BNC or something. I'll get a bnc or whatever i need, i just need to know how to do it.
k
kanibus
Halfop

Post by kanibus »

well a bnc is just a bouncer, you would need an eggdrop and what exactly are you trying to parse? some sites post updates via an XML/RSS feed in which case there are TCL's availible already(TCL Archive) which you can tailor to your needs.
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

I have a script I think I downloaded from eggdrop.org that does that.
simply check when was the last file change... and saves it... then you can configure to compare it in a period of time...
when it's changed, it says a msg...
t
togglemuch
Voice

Post by togglemuch »

Really? Thanks for your guys' help first of all.. Secondly, where can i get that script Thunderdome? :)

Also is it easy to upload to the FTP etc? OR do i just run it on a second irc?

Thanks, let me know :wink:
k
kanibus
Halfop

Post by kanibus »

if you have a shell on the main page of this site is a great "Setting up your EggDrop" tutorial, also if your not familiar they have a "Working with Shells" tutorial also. you will need to setup the eggdrop for your channel, then add the tcl to the scripts folder, then in the .conf at the end add 'source scripts/name.tcl' then when you startup your bot you will be set. with a name like togglemuch you gotta be a gamesurge user so if you need help pm me in #dfect
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

I took it from the web, I've searched google, egghelp, tclscript... but I can't find it again... I know it was in this site: FireEgl.cjb.Net
This site is also in the egghelp links, but it's gone. :|
I can give it to you by mail...
t
togglemuch
Voice

Post by togglemuch »

Please do send it via email! :)

i'll PM you my address, and i do appreciate the help.

kanibus- i'll get to talkin with ya when i grab a shell, you can find me in #BorderLine =)
t
togglemuch
Voice

Post by togglemuch »

I sent my email address to you via PM but i dont think you've sent the script yet :(
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

I've sent it to the mail you send me in the pm somedays ago!!!
please confirm again!
t
togglemuch
Voice

Post by togglemuch »

haha i got it, thanks for the help!

how would i go about setting it up for my site / installing it on a BNC when i get one
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

This is EGGhelp, Meaning EGGDROPS