This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

'Bad trigger' script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
m
malaki86
Voice

'Bad trigger' script

Post by malaki86 »

I'm working on a small script for users using 'bad' triggers in the channel, such as !list, @find, etc. I know there are plenty of scripts out to do this already.

What I want, though, is for the bot that is running it to do a .netsay or .netnotice on the trigger, instead of a regular msg/notice.

Any ideas?
YooHoo
Owner

Re: 'Bad trigger' script

Post by YooHoo »

malaki86 wrote:I'm working on a small script for users using 'bad' triggers in the channel, such as !list, @find, etc. I know there are plenty of scripts out to do this already.

What I want, though, is for the bot that is running it to do a .netsay or .netnotice on the trigger, instead of a regular msg/notice.

Any ideas?
Sounds to me like you're trying to combine features from notriggers.tcl, part of Loki`s Complete Channel Administration.tcl, and slennox's netbots.tcl. Rule of thumb is to first contact the scripts' author about any requested feature you want...
Otherwise maybe you might wish to code your own personal tcl script to provide the functions you want, thereby not infringing/hacking on someone else's script. A PUBM bind, list of 'forbidden' words, the KICK, and a putallbots command. Ever read tcl-commands.doc?
m
malaki86
Voice

Post by malaki86 »

Ya - I looked at the putallbots cmd - i just don't want to have to load up all the bots with a 'client' script, to accept the bot cmd from the main.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

malaki86 wrote:Ya - I looked at the putallbots cmd - i just don't want to have to load up all the bots with a 'client' script, to accept the bot cmd from the main.
if you use the dccbroadcast command then you wont have to.