This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

EnergyMech

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
^DooM^
Owner

EnergyMech

Post by ^DooM^ »

Just an info gathering post really.

Has any of you guys ever used an energymech? I keep seeing people talk about them but have never really messed with one. I guess i am biased with eggdrops.

Are they any good?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

I tryed energymech once. Buts it takes up quite abit of CPU. Its a good bot tho. I would try it again actually.
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

It's like you can load many energymech bots on IRC with just 1 process loaded into the background. So the more bots you have connected to IRC with that single process the more CPU RAM that background process consumes.

Moreover the energymech is a simple bot as compared to the eggdrop. The eggdrop has alot of customizable features, settings unlike the energymech. So in conclusion it's just a more simpler bot.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

The 'thing' that makes eggdrop 'have alot of customizable features' is the TCl support. I know that emech support it too, but not as much the eggdrop dose.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I once installed energymech for a user but never actually used, I think it supports other languages too (not sure though).
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

well the energymech guy states that "3.0 is almost here", and 3.0 supposedly supports Tcl, so it might be worthwhile to take a look at it
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Thanks for the info guys. I might give 3.0 a go on a rainy day :)
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
LorT
Voice

Post by LorT »

energymech 3.0 is out....
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

it's out indeed, but from the brief look I had at the source and rather scarce docs, it seems to me that it comes nowhere near eggdrop's versatility, flexibility and rich Tcl scripting interface

IMO, the multiserver feature may very well be the only advantage energymech has over eggdrop
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Then I'll just wait demond's review about it. :)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

caesar wrote:Then I'll just wait demond's review about it. :)
you missed it by one minute :P

seriously, a proper review implies actually running the bot, which I'm not too inclined of doing right now
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Heh, just noticed. Who said I'm in a rush? :P
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

However I have heard energymech's are more stabler than eggdrops and have also experienced that in the eggdrop uptime contest on eggheads.org. Them being more simpler, not alot of sophistications, reduction of source code could be one of the causes.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

awyeah wrote:However I have heard energymech's are more stabler than eggdrops and have also experienced that in the eggdrop uptime contest on eggheads.org. Them being more simpler, not alot of sophistications, reduction of source code could be one of the causes.
Then off you go! Test away. We all wait with bated breath. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

the uptime contest doesn't mean much, it's not representing most of the bots on Internet, only a limited subset; and even within that subset you can't draw conclusions since host machines differ significantly - I mean running a bot (eggdrop or energymech or whatever) on a private host that never reboots with the only user being you and load averages of 0.01 is one thing, and running a bot on a public shell where dozens of people run their bots too is obviously completely another