This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

logs2html module

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

they are made in my case to be like mIRC logs.

Code: Select all

[19:07] *** ChanServ sets mode: +v Ouija
[19:07] <Ouija> eu nao disse?
[19:07] <Ouija> tao a ver
[19:08] <troncao> LOOL
S
Shmupsik
Voice

Post by Shmupsik »

Thunderdome wrote:they are made in my case to be like mIRC logs.

[19:07] *** ChanServ sets mode: +v Ouija
[19:07] <Ouija> eu nao disse?
[19:07] <Ouija> tao a ver
[19:08] <troncao> LOOL
Well, if they look like this (i.e. time takes 7 sybols -> then space -> then nikname enclosed in <> -> then space -> then text) the module can convert it to html, but i think it'll not because if you are not using standart logs, i think then you not use statements "logfile", "logfile-suffix" and "keep-all-logs" in your eggdrop.conf file... and if you not using them then the module will be unable to find path to your logfiles, and to determine the format of your logfilenames.. that's why it'll not convert your logs..
Now, this Bell tolling softly for another, saies to me, Thou must die.
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

I am now using besise the mel logs, the eggdrop default logs... but I put stuff so there is only 1 log per channel.
Will logs2html accept this?
But somehow it is not working... No pages are built!
S
Shmupsik
Voice

Post by Shmupsik »

Thunderdome wrote:I am now using besise the mel logs, the eggdrop default logs... but I put stuff so there is only 1 log per channel.
Will logs2html accept this?
But somehow it is not working... No pages are built!
Only 1 log per channel? you want to say that there is no separate log for every day? this case module'll not convert files..
lets i tell how it work, maybe it'll help you:
in your channels list (chan.list) you use expression "addlogs2html chan" to add channel, which logs will be convert to html format, that channel is the first parameter in this expression... when module starts it examine your eggdrop.conf file to find in it expression "logfile", the first parameter of this expression is channel for logging, then flags, and then path to logfiles and prefix of logfiles of the specified chan.. my module compares the channels which were enumerated in chan.list with those described with "logfile" in eggdrop.conf.. in names equal, and flags of the logfile include "p", then module take the path from this expression, and will be looking for logs of specified channel in this path.. also module is examin expression "logfile-suffix" to determin suffix for logfiles generated by bot..
and module looks if you set tcl variable "keep-all-logs" to 1..

i.e. there must be a separate logfile for every day, my module will find this logfile using 3-rd parameter of expression "logfile" in eggdrop.conf as path and prefix of logfile + variable "logfile-suffix" as suffix of logfile generated by bot, and then convert this logfile to html format and put it in the output path (see "addlogs2htmlchan") and then update link to generated file on mainpage (page with calendar)..

I hope it helped you to be dismantled at the work of my module..
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

I see... but is there no way to to it?
This means having like 365 files in a year!!! A LOT! Quite a mess...
But I'll try it now using that... :D

It would be cool if it worked with just one file, but probably impossible right?
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

And can the logs be like

#channel.log.25Jul2005
or must they be:

#channel.log.25072005
?

I ask this because of the filenames in your site that has the logs.

I get this error:

Can't load modules logs2html: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by "logs2html.so"
seems like I have only libc.so.4 ... hum...
S
Shmupsik
Voice

Post by Shmupsik »

Thunderdome wrote: It would be cool if it worked with just one file, but probably impossible right?
how in that file it separate by days?
Thunderdome wrote: And can the logs be like

Code:
#channel.log.25Jul2005

or must they be:

Code:
#channel.log.25072005

?

I ask this because of the filenames in your site that has the logs.
well look: output file (generated page) will have format "channel20050725.html".. i.e. channel+year+month+day...
but your logfile may have any format you like.. you wrote your preffered format in tcl variable "logfile-suffix"..
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

"how in that file it separate by days? " - hum, pisg seems to see the days... maybe the irc log style adds the days and the eggdrop style does not?

well look: output file (generated page) will have format "channel20050725.html".. i.e. channel+year+month+day...
but your logfile may have any format you like.. you wrote your preffered format in tcl variable "logfile-suffix".
okay. )

Can't load modules logs2html: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by "logs2html.so" 
and what about this?
S
Shmupsik
Voice

Post by Shmupsik »

Thunderdome wrote:"how in that file it separate by days? " - hum, pisg seems to see the days... maybe the irc log style adds the days and the eggdrop style does not?
i mean how does it separate inside file? what chars using for this?

Thunderdome wrote:

and what about this?
i found this:
You probably know that libc is the library that includes all the standard C commands (such as printf, read, open, etc.and so on) as well as system calls. Up until 1997, the only library available was the GNU libc v1, which since the move to ELF binary format was given major number 5 (/lib/libc.so.5). In 1997, the Free Software Foundation developed GNU libc v2, with the intention of being cleaner, more portable, and more standard (POSIX compliant). Under Linux, this version got major number 6, hence it's called libc6. These two libraries are incompatible -- if a program is compiled with one libc's headers and stubs, it can't be used with the other. Some of the distributions (RedHat since version 5, Debian since 2, SuSE since 6, and Slackware since 4) have moved to libc6 (meaning that most binaries are compiled with libc6, and the development environment contains libc6 headers and produces programs that work only with libc6). The distributions still contain libc5, as well as other libraries that are linked with libc5, in order to run libc5 binaries, which will usually be programs where the source is not available (such as Quake, etc). The problem is that if a user of the system wants to use a new version of one of thoese libraries, s/he can't compile them, because only libc6 programs or libraries can be produced.
well.. i'm thinking...
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

seems like I have only libc.so.4 ... hum...
Can't you make it compatible with all stuff?

Or should I contact my ISP instead (already did, but I think they don't understand/care much about this matter).
iamdeath
Master

Post by iamdeath »

is'nt there any better module we could use for this purpose because I think this version has bugs and the written of module should wakeup and fix them..
peace
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

It's called pisg. :wink:
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

I use pisg and ircstats... nothing to do with this module. This module shows all the conversations by days.... so it's a really a log recorder with calendar... very good.

Still won't work! :( Needs the thingie I mentioned before...
Perhaps it needs to get more and more compatible... :roll:
S
Shmupsik
Voice

Post by Shmupsik »

iamdeath wrote:I think this version has bugs and the written of module should wakeup and fix them..
peace
I think you are not right.. i'm very weak in unix-like systems, but if for example you use system with kernel 2.4, and try to install on it device driver written for system with kernel 2.6 or vice versa - I think you may fall.. will you write in this case to the producer of driver, what in its driver terrible bug?

well if you have the fact that my module it makes
something not- so - write about this. I will try to correct this. otherwise - this is groundless criticism I think...

with the respect..
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

and can you make it compatible with other versions like libc.so.4?