This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

problem, console and multiple channels

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
l
lilbecca
Voice

problem, console and multiple channels

Post by lilbecca »

hi

sorry if this has been posted before, i did search and tried to solve it but am totally stuck..

when i first set up the bot and logged into it on telnet, i made it join other channels etc. and it was giving me info in console for all the channels it was on (eg. [17:20] @#st-ooc (+trn) : [m/2 o/2 h/0 v/0 n/0 b/0 e/0 I/0] and whatnot)

but somewhere along the line it stopped doing that for three of the channels, it now only does that for the bots home channel only. i can make the console change to other channels, but i still only get one channel at a time.

how can i get all the channels back in the console at once?
its a windrop on my pc, not sure if that changes anything

thanks!
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

set +statuslog the channels you need
l
lilbecca
Voice

Post by lilbecca »

thanks for your reply :)

oddly enough, +statuslog is set on all of them
in fact the dynamic modes are all identical.
i just deleted my .chan file and did a .chansave to regenerate it in case something went wrong with the file.. but it came back identical to what was there before.

the REAL strange thing is, i was about to rebuild the .chan file by .-chan and adding them all back.. i .-chan'd two of the channels, and as i was doing it i got the 5 minute 'tick' and it suddenly gave me into on the two remaining channels.. so i added all the channels back, did a .chansave and it works now. i had tried this once before and it didnt work then.. yet the .chanfile still has identical settings, only the channel order has changed.. weird. and it wasnt from deleting and resaving the chan file cause i waited for the 5 minute tick after i did it to see if it would help..

bug maybe?

anyways, it works now, and thanks for telling me about +statuslog, it may help in the future.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

set your console channel to * and you should get the statuslog from all chans
.console *