This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

HELP PLZZZZ I GIVE UP

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
SosMan
Voice

HELP PLZZZZ I GIVE UP

Post by SosMan »

my problem is when i do every thing and load the Eggdrop and evry thing run smooth and there is no problem at all.........i quit my script and i go to sleep ...then when i weak up and when i went to start the ctcp chat with the Bots with my nick and my same IP as i added to the Bot i get no replay Not even u havent access :S Nothin at all and i am sure the Conf file is Good and every thing right...............i want help plz why when i write /ctcp Bot chat no responce? ty
Ban dem all let god sort dem out
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

but have you been able to successfully ctcp chat the bot before you went asleep? ;)
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

maybe he dreamt it :roll:
S
SosMan
Voice

Post by SosMan »

demond ya before when i setup the eggdrop i allready Ctcp thro the bots and as i said every thing was fine ...But just for only one time :S

and u greenbear ya really gr8 helpfull man and nice comment......i am laugh u happy now?
Ban dem all let god sort dem out
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Well with no error description whatsoever, that's what you get.

Here's a few pointers, though.

Have the bot been running the whole time ? if not, did it save the userfile.

Are you sure your host didnt change ? and by host i mean how you appear on irc, not your actual ip. eg. did the host resolve both times, do you use some sort of cloaking/vhost..etc. and is your ident the same as the first time.

If the question is no, or if you're not sure, then try and ident to the bot (details on how to enable it is found in your .config file).

Also make sure you arent running any software firewalls that would stop the connection. Dont forget the built-in firewall in windows.

If all this fails, then restart the bot with the -nt flags, and then try to dcc/ctcp chat the bot, and post the error msg's you get here.