This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Connection refused

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
b
byte
Voice

Connection refused

Post by byte »

Hi, i have a problem with eggdrop and debian (kernel 2.6.12.4) in my linux server, when my connection with static ip is down, the eggdrop quit with ping timeout, but when the connection return UP the eggdrop not connect to the irc network and in dcc i have connection refused and the eggdrop needed a kill and restart for join the network :roll: why ?

many tnx..
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

maybe the log says why?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

is your connection directly the ethernet interface and do you use the var "my-ip"?! if yes, try not using it so the bot binds to all interfaces. If the interface the bot is connected to "dies", it might not reopen it later again. But it might also run out of sockets triing to reconnct too often and too fast (in the later case you should definitly have logs saying that).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
b
byte
Voice

Post by byte »

yes, i bind with my-ip , but if bind 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 (all interface), i have the same errors :?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what errors? show us the log, preferably with flag +d, also the output of .dccstat