This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Fresh compiled egg looking for old libdns module?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
a
anophelus
Voice

Fresh compiled egg looking for old libdns module?

Post by anophelus »

Hi!

I just upgraded my Fedora from 3 to 4 and after that my egg would not run at all. I have recompiled the egg, but all I get when I try to launch it is:

Code: Select all

[user@host egg]$ ./eggdrop bot.conf

Eggdrop v1.6.17 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2004 Eggheads
[16:28] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.17 (Thu Aug 18 2005)
[16:28] Can't load modules dns: libdns.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[16:28] Can't load modules channels: libdns.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[16:28] Can't load modules server: libdns.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[16:28] Can't load modules ctcp: libdns.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[16:28] Can't load modules irc: libdns.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[16:28] Tcl error in file 'bot.conf':
[16:28] bad type, should be one of: act, away, bcst, bot, chat, chjn, chof, chon, chpt, dcc, disc, evnt, filt, link, load, nkch, note, time, unld
    while executing
"unbind msg - hello *msg:hello"
    (file "bot.conf" line 1038)
[16:28] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
[user@host egg]$
After update, my new libdns is version libdns.so.20.0.2 but I cannot see what is wrong with recompiling the egg.

Thanks in advance!
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Check the 'mod-path' setting in your .conf file.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you also need to re-configure, not simply re-compile; so either delete the build dir and start over, or use make distclean
a
anophelus
Voice

Post by anophelus »

demond wrote:you also need to re-configure, not simply re-compile; so either delete the build dir and start over, or use make distclean
Thank you for pointing this out. It worked excelent!