This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Warning: over maximum server queue!

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
b
bLEIFus
Voice

Warning: over maximum server queue!

Post by bLEIFus »

Since yesterday my hub bot gives me that message via partyline. I unloaded ALL thirdparty scripts, but i get that da*n message all the time.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

get rid of lame scripts, restart the bot, change server

and usually it's a good idea to move the hub off IRC (by unloading modules irc, server, channels), i.e. to use it as botnet hub only
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

You can also try:

Code: Select all

.tcl queuesize
in partyline or DCC chat to check how much of the bot's queue is full, else clear it.
queuesize [queue]

Returns: the number of messages in all queues. If a queue is specified, only the size of this queue is returned. Valid queues are: mode, server, help.

clearqueue <queue>
Description: removes all messages from a queue. Valid arguments are: mode, server, help, or all.

Returns: the number of deleted lines from the specified queue.
You can maybe make a small tcl script based on a timer executing continuously after a defined interval of time, checking if the queue has not exceeded the maximum limit, if it has clear it, else leave it as it is.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

awyeah wrote: You can maybe make a small tcl script based on a timer executing continuously after a defined interval of time, checking if the queue has not exceeded the maximum limit, if it has clear it, else leave it as it is.
bad idea for bots that are not supposed to skip reacting on important events; instead of using lame scripts and implementing this, use good scripts and you won't need this
b
bLEIFus
Voice

Post by bLEIFus »

demond wrote:get rid of lame scripts, restart the bot, change server

and usually it's a good idea to move the hub off IRC (by unloading modules irc, server, channels), i.e. to use it as botnet hub only
|10:35:12| |(guardian3| [10:33] GetOps v3.0b loaded.
|10:35:12| |(guardian3| [10:33] Loaded sentinel.tcl v2.70 by slennox
|10:35:13| |(guardian3| [10:33] Loaded superbitch.tcl v2.0 by slennox
|10:35:13| |(guardian3| [10:33] auth v1.0 loaded
|10:35:13| |(guardian3| [10:33] chankey-1.1 by blue loaded
|10:35:13| |(guardian3| [10:33] Userinfo TCL v1.07 loaded (URL BF GF IRL EMAIL DOB PHONE ICQ).
that are all scripts that i load into the bot. do you call them "lame" ?

|10:27:52| |X|.clearqueue all
|10:27:52| |(guardian3| Removed 301 messages from all queues.
|10:27:53| |(guardian3| [10:26] #bleifus# clearqueue all
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what kind of channel do you run? how come your bot had 300 msgs queued? you got flooded by alien botnet, you have output binds onjoin, your bot runs lengthy non-IRC operations or what?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Umm well.. my bot also sometimes gets that warning, however. If it is occassionaly suppose on a flood attempt, then that can be considered okay, else if it happens frequently then you should try reducing the binds and amount of data being sent to the server, because it it happens alot your bot can get Excess Flood off the server for sending too much data within a less amount of time.

By the way it can also occur if your bot is lagged, supponsingly when someone is packeting/dossing it or your shell server's bandwidth has decreased significantly within a short period of time.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.