This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

hey here's a revenue idea slennox

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

You should set up a little area where people who need scripts urgently, for whatever reason, can pay people to get them! And egghelp.org could take 10% of it or something hehe.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

OOOH, no more rent problems.

DO you know how much I - HMM - we could make :razz:
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

/me votes yes :smile:
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

I've had the idea of doing this myself at various times during the past couple of years, although I wasn't prepared to take on the work (having perfectionist tendencies I'd end up slaving over every single script and never move on).

I suspect there's a market out there for it but you'd probably end up making half of the minimum wage. Then again, I guess that's better than nothing. Which gives me an idea of what to call this venture - "slennox's scripting sweatshop" :smile:
J
JensB
Voice

Post by JensB »

sounds nice :wink:

I have a few tasks already
g
guppy
eggdrop engineer

Post by guppy »

Hm ... must relicense eggdrop in some way so that all future versions include a clause that gets eggheads.org 10% of all earnings. But on the up and up, eggheads.org will have no knowledge of Slennox's sweatshop because we are an upstanding group of people <g>
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

sounds nice.. but you could keep it off for people who are known to egghelp, _very_ much, like me :wink:
Dormant egghead.
P
PiraYa-

Post by PiraYa- »

Just want 2 say that eggdrop.org is a very good page...used this page a lot!

Thanks! :smile:
c
codak

Post by codak »

lol, I suppose you can do that, but you gotta remember, if people are going to pay for a script no matter how badass it is, they are gonna want you to fully support them, give upgrades and then you gotta remember to pay your taxes on the revenue you generate.....ORRRR you can do a nonprofit type of thing and just put all the money back into the site and scripts and and..ummm, donate to your valued users =)

*plus you can cut yourself a decent paycheck and still be a non-profit org. =)*
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

For those who want to make sure that ppslim et al continue to work for them as slaves, you can rest assured that the issue of any sort of remuneration for their work has so far barely been discussed with me at all outside of this message :smile:
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

And me wishes slennox to know, that the mail flood is on the way :razz: