This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Error code 1 while compiling in FreeBSD3.2 shell

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to compile an eggdrop bot on a FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE shell, for months, withoug success. I thought maybe someone here could point me to my ignorance.

./configure seems to go fine, so does 'make install'
It autodetecs and install it as static. But when i finally do 'make', at a certain point it breaks. Here are the last lines, maybe someone here will understand it better than I, and maybe the problem is evident (although not to me, unfortunately).

--
/usr/home/user/hyperspace/eggdrop1.6.6/src/mod/transfer.mod/.././transfer.mod/transfer.c:607: undefined reference to `Tcl_AppendResult'
/usr/home/user/hyperspace/eggdrop1.6.6/src/mod/transfer.mod/.././transfer.mod/transfer.c:622: undefined reference to `Tcl_AppendResult'
mod/transfer.o: In function `tcl_getfilesendtime':
/usr/home/user/hyperspace/eggdrop1.6.6/src/mod/transfer.mod/.././transfer.mod/transfer.c:632: undefined reference to `Tcl_AppendResult'
mod/transfer.o:/usr/home/user/hyperspace/eggdrop1.6.6/src/mod/transfer.mod/.././transfer.mod/transfer.c:643: more undefined references to `Tcl_AppendResult' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

---

I tried both the 1.6.0 and 1.6.6 releases.
Thanks in advance.
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

what version tcl is installed on the system?
G

Post by Guest »

I *think* it's 7.6
On /usr/local/lib/ there is 4 tcl dirs:

2 drwxr-xr-x 2 bin bin 512 Oct 10 1996 tcl/
2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root bin 512 Apr 13 1996 tcl7.4/
2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root bin 512 Oct 10 1996 tcl7.5/
2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 May 4 1998 tcl7.6/

I'm assuming it to be the latest there, 7.6
Any command I could issue to know for sure? Also, is that the common/default tcl path (or i'd have to change some path before the 'make' to point there)?

Thanks

p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

When doing ./configure, eggdrop should tell you what path, and what version of TCL it is gonna use.

To get the version type this at the shell
[blah:blah]~# tclsh
% info patchlevel
%exit
Note, if you can't locate a newer version of TCL on that system, it is recomended that you upgrade the TCL on the system. To do this, as the system admin to do it, or install it in your home directory.

Then, once you have done this, use the configure command
./configure --with-tclinc=/path/to/tcl.h --with-tcllib=/path/to/tcl8.2.so
Replacing the paths and files acordingly