This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Ban on Notify

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
i
i.m.offline
Halfop

Ban on Notify

Post by i.m.offline »

Hello Friends,

I would request for an script based on notify i.e. if some nick has been added to bots notify list and as soon as bot notifies that the specific nick is online, shall set the ban in channel. It would be something like blacklist but with no kicks. Because as soon as the user is banned wont be able to join the channel. Thanks in advance.

Regards
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

doesn't make sense, generally the user will /join quicker than your bot does ISON notify check. If your server supports WATCH, the thing might work, but it will still work by nick only

bottom line: use sticky bans
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
4mirc
Voice

Post by 4mirc »

hi demond

i wanna ask if its possible to make this script but in other way

i mean if some nick has been added to bots notify list and as soon as bot

notifies that the specific nick is online, make the bot to send pvt msg to

the nick with this : Hi $nick You Are Added in This $chan ,, we are waiting

make the bot to send msg not to banned :)

help me if u can coz i have channel and some ops forget to join it so i

i wanna make my bot to invite them :)

thx alot
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

4mirc wrote:hi demond

i wanna ask if its possible to make this script but in other way

i mean if some nick has been added to bots notify list and as soon as bot

notifies that the specific nick is online, make the bot to send pvt msg to

the nick with this : Hi $nick You Are Added in This $chan ,, we are waiting

make the bot to send msg not to banned :)

help me if u can coz i have channel and some ops forget to join it so i

i wanna make my bot to invite them :)

thx alot
Your failing to realize the power of an invite only (+i) channel. It's creation was to allow users to selectively choose who can enter their channel. In the same regard as a key (+k) does. If you want to clutter your channels banlist, then by all means be my guest, as I can't stop you. I can only tell you the potential downside of doing so.... (ban list is full - cannot place ban). Using either +i or +k and customizing the script below with your prefered binding/response method. It's miles easier.

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=11205
Change the join bind to react on the whatever your doing.. This stuff is far from rocket science, an invite script is an invite script. Changing binds and responses in these is trivial.
4mirc
Voice

Post by 4mirc »

i wanna know something

can i make text with all nicks i need so when any 1 connect the server

is there any way to make the bot go prvt to the nick online and type

Hi $nick You Are op in This $chan

ison available in the server ison: Sysop
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

4mirc wrote:i wanna know something

can i make text with all nicks i need so when any 1 connect the server

is there any way to make the bot go prvt to the nick online and type

Hi $nick You Are op in This $chan

ison available in the server ison: Sysop
If you know the server command to initiate the request, then the short answer to "can I (I is transitive here since used by yourself, it should be areplaced with YOU) make it?", is no. But can someone possibly make it for you with more information... yes. To read the reply from the server you will need to bind to raw events and parse for that type to be inbound. Not sure what the numeric is for that type. But knowing both, as well as the type of network your on (ircd type) would probably garner you more help.

EDIT: appears it's numeric 303, so indeed it's possible....Only problem in doing this would be the self-invoking timer to keep the CHECK_FOR_CREW_ISON procedure running. CHECK_FOR_CREW_ISON would merely perform the ison request , then set another timer to call itself as the prior one elapsed. When the ison reply comes in the CHECK_FOR_CREW procedure is triggered by the raw binding to 303 which parses the ison reply. In parsing the ison reply it simply compares this against your list and takes appropriate actions. Given the examples on egghelp already, I'm surprised you cannot figure this out on your own..