This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

pop up ads nooooooo

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Annoying pop-up credit card ads on the main page? Say it isn't so!

I suppose we can give you the benefit of the doubt that your web host is forcing you to put them there? :smile:
P
PiraYa-

Post by PiraYa- »

What pop-ups?
When I enter the page I dont get any pop-ups...
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

/me thinks someone should pay more attention to post dates
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

I started selecting popups last month as punishment for the lack of netbots.tcl donations. Inevitably the rates are going to go down, so there will be few this month compared to last month, and next month there will be very few if any.
C
Chrysalis
Voice

Post by Chrysalis »

I sure hope so slennox because popups are very very annoying it messes things up big time. If you made a post asking us to click banners then I would have done that no problem.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Personally, I browse ad-free in Opera by disabling graphics and popups by default, only enabling these features with a button press or couple of clicks when necessary. It works exceedingly well when you get used to it. Whenever I'm forced to use graphics-enabled IE on someone else's PC I'm reminded how awfully slow, flashy and gimmicky the web is these days.