This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

(!) I have an user record, but without +b <- What?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
rosc2112
Revered One

(!) I have an user record, but without +b <- What?

Post by rosc2112 »

I just set up a 2nd bot, and when i load it or rehash, it produces that above error. What does it mean?

I'm assuming it means there is another botuser in its userfile, but when I try to set that other bot's attributes to +b it does now allow it. The flags I have set for both bots within each others userfile, is +flo|+flo. Bot1 does not produce the above error msg (but also will not allow me to add the +b flag for bot2, not sure I really need a +b flag for anything?)

When I set up bot2, I did reuse bot1's userfile, rather than copying each name manually. I suspect something about that is producing the error, but I cannot find any clues about what it means or any debug info to show me which user it's complaining about. .set errorInfo does not produce relevent information since that error does not occur "last" - the last error shown in set errorInfo is about an unbind in the config file, which is pretty much ignorable.

I also reused bot1's chanfile and conf (with appropriate editting for the bot2's username and connection).

Can someone gimme a clue where to find info about what this error means, whether it's ignorable, and why I cannot set the bot's +b in the userfiles/attribs?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Basically, you've got an user with a handle identical to your second bots' botnetnick, and it does'nt like that..

unfortunately, .chattr will not allow you to add or remove b-flag, as "botentries" are considdered fundamentally different (has an ADDR-field, has a separate set of flags, etc).

To solve this, I'd suggest you manually edit your userfile and remove that user. Also make sure the user-entry is properly fixed on any other linked bot (or you'll be back to step one as soon as they link and sync).
You'd most likely also wish to take a look at the private-globals configsetting; make sure "b" is not listed in here.
NML_375
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Tnx :)