This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

IPV6

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
s
sauce
Voice

Post by sauce »

i don't see any debug type files and i don't know what a coredump is but if you want me to check for anything in particular on my shell i'll be glad to
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

KrzychuG wrote:
sauce wrote: I thought IPv6 was pretty popular on IRC... wonder why its taking so long. I wish it was built-in to eggdrop.
It is, in 1.9.
really? how reassuring, given the pace of development
Yes, IPv6 is popular on IRC, but rather on lame (right demond?) IRCnet.
well, yeah, in a sense, although I would rather call it obsolete; that nick/channel delay thing compared to TS on all other major networks is simply out-of-date by years; not to mention the annoying I-line policy which basically screws you up if you happen not to live in a country that runs a server there

as to ipv6, I must concur with nml on that - nowadays it's rather a fashion than something really necessary
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

sauce wrote:i don't see any debug type files and i don't know what a coredump is but if you want me to check for anything in particular on my shell i'll be glad to
Both the DEBUG and the coredump-file would be in the directory your eggdrop is running from (usually where you installed it). The coredump is usually named <processname>.core, <pid>.core or something similar.

There's a file called doc/BUG-REPORT that tells ya what to do with the coredump (but post it here instead, since we're dealing with an unofficial patch)
NML_375
s
sauce
Voice

Post by sauce »

hmm, no .core files for me...

Ah well, I just built .18 and I'll be using that until someone can release a patch for .18
S
SebaX
Voice

Post by SebaX »

Hi,
I've tryed to patch the source with 1.6.13 code and then I've used nml375's suggestions.
My five bots are running since 15 hours, one master (linked to another bot as slave) and the other slave, and for now they are running correctly; the only problem I've found is in logging, after 12 hours they stop to log in file.
Someone has ideas on how to correct it?

Thanks,
Sebastian

P.S.: if someone want the patch that I've done can ask to me.
b
bILLY
Voice

Post by bILLY »

Alchera wrote:Ever heard of the Search function?

Self lookup ipv6 connection failed.
No man, I had NEVER heard about search and by the way ... What is mean search? I never had use it ... all my life. So I am sorry for maybe stupid question. But please explain me what is mean. Or maybe you will told me ... no no no ... please load google page and type define: search ... so maybe you are RO-BOT????? Can you ever talk with people? Or just prefer to search ... yeah Search Stuff ... Sorry but I can't understand U|!
sauce wrote:I'm having the same problem. Bot crashes frequently with this message on IRC (EFnet)

* @eggdrop (eggdrop@eggdrop.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
This is the only error I can find in eggdrop.log:

* Hostname IPV6 self-lookup failed.
Here is a clip of my eggdrop.conf

set my-hostname6 "myipv6.hostname.com"
set my-ip6 "2001:aaaa:bbbb:cccc:0000:0000:0000:0001"
set my-ip "192.168.1.10"
It was stable for weeks with this same configuration, then something happened.

Whats going on with the IPv6 patch for 1.6.18?
So man thank you abt CLIP. It' works