This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop looking for modules in the wrong place

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
krimson
Halfop

eggdrop looking for modules in the wrong place

Post by krimson »

i'm sorry if this has already been discussed around the forums, but i couldn't find anything related to my problem.

i'm using fedora core 5 as home OS, and running eggdrop 1.6.18 (rpm build) for tcl script tests. i used a standard eggdrop config (only modified what i needed), and it worked. now i've tried adding a script to the eggdrop - which required rewriting the .conf file (i've used this script many times before and had absolutley no problems with it).

The problem is that instead of looking for the modules in /usr/lib/eggdrop/ where they are installed, it looks in my home directory. What can i do to solve this problem? (I know i could create some symbolic links in my home dir from the modules dir, but i'd rather keep my home folder as empty as possible)
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Checked the "mod-path" setting?
NML_375
krimson
Halfop

Post by krimson »

it was setup correctly

Code: Select all

set mod-path "/usr/lib/eggdrop/"

some other problems appeared and i started to get some bogus errors, so i guess that the rpm wasn't working right. i removed it and compiled eggdrop from source and now everything works perfect.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

eggdrop modules are definitely not compiled into any other place other than ~./<eggdrop folder name>/modules after compilation.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

actually they are just where you executed "make" :D. after installation of the make script they are supposed to be there. I wrote an installer for some shared eggdrop modules and to avoid possible problems I just created symlinks from the original path modules to the actual ones in /usr/share/eggdrop :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I should edit that post to:

"Under normal circumstances". :P
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM