This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help with identify nick from someone else

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
TommyGun
Voice

Help with identify nick from someone else

Post by TommyGun »

Hello

Let me explain my title. I already used the search but didnt find the solution. I have UnrealIRCd running with an Eggdrop bot (doh). But i have a problem that is related to changing between registered nicks.

Like;

* Your nick is now Witlof
-
-NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
-
-NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
-
-NickServ- please choose a different nick.

While Witlof is registered by someone else. I did look in the config files but didnt found how to set up the bot so it changes Witlof into Guest~Random after a minute or so. I know that it is possible, but how did they do that?

Thanks in advance
http://www.gamergun.com/ - Free Files Uploader
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

You'll need a dedicated script for that..
There's no such native function in eggdrop.

You'd probably have to listen for notice's from NickServ and try to determine wether it's a warning on protected nick or something else; then set the variable "nick" to a new value.

Also, I have a faint memory that some NickServ services allow the owner of the nick to decide wether it should be nice or aggressive when protecting your nick (just force nick to be changed or /kill it)..
NML_375
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

Why would your bot to encounter to have someelse nick? I suppose easiest would be to bind to nick changes into guests and check if old nick was the botnick. I would rather give my bot a registred nick... wrong I DID give my bot a registred nick, so noone can steal it from the bot :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
TommyGun
Voice

Post by TommyGun »

My BOT nick is regged, but thats not the point ;) I'm talking about 'normal' users, when they change their nick into another nick that is regged by someone else. Doesnt matter to who that nick belongs. I just want it to be changed into Guest~*RANDOM* when they dont identify within a minute or something.

(I use Anope though)
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

So basically you want your eggdrop to function like a NickServ service?
NML_375
TommyGun
Voice

Post by TommyGun »

For NickServ/ChanServ i use Anope. But it would nice if my bot can help with what i said above.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

TommyGun wrote:For NickServ/ChanServ i use Anope. But it would nice if my bot can help with what i said above.
You want that when a user attempts to use another's nick that after 60 seconds they become Guest*****?

If that is not already happening then you do not have Anope set up correctly.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM