This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TV script status

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
l
loc
Voice

This script won't work with sql turned off now?

Post by loc »

Hi, I was going to try this script as my old script stopped working with TV.com changing their website. I do not need/want to use sql for simple !tv requests on irc, but it seems when i comment out the sql configuration options in the .tcl the script doesn't work? Is this correct? Is there no way to use this script now without having to use the sql function?

Thnx
r
ryal
Voice

Post by ryal »

qw3rty wrote:Hi, I was going to try this script as my old script stopped working with TV.com changing their website. I do not need/want to use sql for simple !tv requests on irc, but it seems when i comment out the sql configuration options in the .tcl the script doesn't work? Is this correct? Is there no way to use this script now without having to use the sql function?
<--- I'm sorry this version is mysql only, it wont work without a server. But if you dont want it (a shame :p) you can still use version 1.4

Ok, i admit there are a lot of changes with the sql feature.
Thats why i labelled my script 2.0 and not 1.5 for example :)
qw3rty wrote:can you make a version that doesnt need mysql... that would be awesome
<--- its called version 1.4, but no i wont add all the new features without mysql. Why? because it would be a pain in the ass.
I know the installation is kinda tricky for those who arent used to it but i'm here to help you and i can garanty its worth it.
qw3rty wrote:or a more step by step tutorial would be nice. especially for us who dont know anything about mysql
<--- yes i'll do that, i realize these install notes are kinda thin

So here it is, and by the way the explanations are for windows users only, im sorry i dont know nothing about linux:
1/ first thing you need is a mysql server, my advice is easyphp, a simple tool. Personnally i have the latest version: 1.8.0.1 (just like you raktivist).
Install it, then launch it. Make sure mysql is running (there should be a green light), then right click on your easyphp icon in the task bar: "administration" then on the web page: "manage databases"
"Create a new database" ---> give whatever name you want but remember it.
2/ Now the sql support with your windrop.
Maybe you didnt find the mysqltcl, so i packed the files for you. You can get them here: http://paurocks.free.fr/EpisodeWorldScr ... sqltcl.rar
Place the directory in you lib dir and move the pkgindex.tcl to your scripts directory. Make sure that:
*you load the pkgindex.tcl in your eggdrop.conf, and BEFORE the epw script
*you edit pkgindex.tcl correctly: first line, give the path to the dlls (the "dir" variable)
3/ Now edit the epw script:
*set your chan
*set db_handle: 4 variables have to be edited in this line:
set db_handle [mysqlconnect -host localhost -user yourlogin -password yourpass -db yourdbname]
leave localhost (i assume you have to change it if you installed your sql server and your bot on different machines).
For those who installed easyphp, the default user is: "root" with no pass
You can set up a port different than the default one (no need for the easyphp users) by specifying -port <port>
Last but not least you have to give the database name, the one you supplied earlier when you created it.
So in the end for the easyphp users this should look like this:
set db_handle [mysqlconnect -host localhost -user root -db epwdatabase]

Thats it, now you should be done. Get back to me if you have any troubles at all.

ryal
l
loc
Voice

Post by loc »

Ok found 1.4, works fine. Bit spammy but does the job :)
r
raktivist
Voice

Post by raktivist »

ok i got it to go online. but now its doing ->> (Max SendQ exceeded)

i think we forgot about the structure.txt part on the tutorial. :p

please advise.
r
raktivist
Voice

Post by raktivist »

raktivist wrote:ok i got it to go online. but now its doing ->> (Max SendQ exceeded)

i think we forgot about the structure.txt part on the tutorial. :p

please advise.
I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEE!!! THANKS!!

Code: Select all

**** · Airing Date - Show Name - Episode Name
**** · **************2006-05-07**************
**** · 2006-05-07 - 60 Minutes - 39x18 - Sallie Mae / The Ethanol Solution / John Daly
**** · 2006-05-07 - American Dad - 1x22 - With Friends Like Steve's
**** · 2006-05-07 - Big Love - 1x09 - A Barbecue For Betty
**** · 2006-05-07 - Charmed - 8x20 - Gone With The Witches
**** · 2006-05-07 - Cold Case - 3x22 - The River
**** · 2006-05-07 - Crossing Jordan - 5x21 - Don't Leave Me This Way
**** · 2006-05-07 - Desperate Housewives - 2x21 - I Know Things Now
l
loc
Voice

Post by loc »

Is there a way to select which shows to output when doing !today? I don't need to see ALL the series per day, because most of them are not interesting for me. Plus my bot gets kicked from the IRC network due to Flooding
r
ryal
Voice

Post by ryal »

raktivist wrote:i think we forgot about the structure.txt part on the tutorial. :p

please advise.
Actually this "structure.txt" is the tables structure but you dont need it if you make the bot create them (.initiate or something).
I first made a dump of the tables which is what there is in the txt and then made the procedure on the bot telling to myself it would be so much easier for the users to install.
raktivist wrote:Is there a way to select which shows to output when doing !today? I don't need to see ALL the series per day, because most of them are not interesting for me. Plus my bot gets kicked from the IRC network due to Flooding
This is the major update in version 2.0: bot remembers each and everyone's preferences. So you define them once and then the bot will automatically pm you once a day with the shows you follow.
Personnally i dont use !today !yesterday anymore :) Because indeed there are a lot of shows everyday (many are craps): go to episodeworld.com and see for yourself.
So thats what the sql server is for: storing the tv info and user info and play with them.

ryal
r
ryal
Voice

Post by ryal »

so so... no more feedback? Already given up? ;)
z
zaxx
Voice

Post by zaxx »

Hey Ryal!

I have got the exact same problem as Av4tar.

I've tried both v1.4 and 2.0. Nothing seems wrong when I restart the bot and it responds to all commands, but it always fails with:

"Unkown Show, check the spelling"

Regards,

/ZaxX.
d
dmssf
Voice

Post by dmssf »

ok i copied the 2 dlls fils into C:\Windrop\lib\mysqltcl
i put the pkgIndex.tcl in scripts sourced it
the pkgindex reads
set dir "/lib/mysqltcl/"

proc loadmysqltcl { dir } {
set oldcwd [pwd]
cd $dir
load libmysqltcl[info sharedlibextension]
cd $oldcwd
}

package ifneeded mysqltcl 3.01 [list loadmysqltcl $dir]

now what do i need to change? im lost lol
r
ryal
Voice

Post by ryal »

dmssf: well what error have you got?
zaxx: sorry, with all the steps i already described i dont really know what would be wrong
More updates are coming, im just waiting to get my inet back (in response to bigbadphil).
The sqlserver can be a bitch to install but it really comes in handy when the bot suddenly pms you some shows you almost forgot about :)
s
smash
Halfop

Post by smash »

works on my windrop, nice script ryal :wink:
o
outthere
Voice

bug? maybe

Post by outthere »

My bot is sending the epwjoinmsg to all channels it sits in. I have set mychan to one channel but it still spams to every channel someone has in common with it. I am not a scriptor but I think I could change something here to fix it.

Code: Select all

proc epwjoinmsg {nick host hand chan} {
	global botnick epwcmdhelp 
	if {$nick != $botnick} {
		putnotc $nick "Type !epinfo <show> -l <language> to get airing info, !whatson <day> -l <language> to get whats on tv (or !today | !yesterday)."
		putnotc $nick "\00304NEW FEATURE\00310: you can now customize me so that I PM you with the info you need when you need it. Type $epwcmdhelp to know more."
	}
	join_proc $nick $host $hand $chan
}

if not can someone help ?

thanks

Edit: Please use the code tags in future.
r
romeo5k
Halfop

problem!!

Post by romeo5k »

Hi i got a problem... I installed easyphp.. got 2 green lights.. so thats AoK.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1318/untitlednk7.th.jpg
When i try to start it this is the error i get.
set dir "/lib/mysqltcl"

proc loadmysqltcl { dir } {
set oldcwd [pwd]
cd $dir
load libmysqltcl[info sharedlibextension]
cd $oldcwd
}

package ifneeded mysqltcl 3.01 [list loadmysqltcl $dir]
I also managed to chage the dir to C:\mIRC\S01\lib\mysqltcl
then i changed it to C:/mIRC/S01/lib/mysqltcl. And then back to the default.

... I also changed the info that u stated for EW.tcl. I think i did that one correctly. .. Plese help
r
romeo5k
Halfop

Post by romeo5k »

can someone please help me.... i pmed ryal, but got no response.!!.. thanks