This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Newbie Questions

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
D
Drew™
Voice

Newbie Questions

Post by Drew™ »

I am really new to all of this, so I will just tell you what I would like to do and hopefully we can work it out from there.

Basically, I have this MRC script that when you say something, it responds with something back. For example, for an RPG game, if you say !world, it will tell you the current world. Now halfops and ops can use "!set world <worldhere>" to change it.

I am looking for something to get this bot up 24/7. I bought a shell at at-acs.com, and I think I configured it. However, when I click "Start Eggdrop" it says "What is the name of the bot/script?" (says it had to be .conf) and "What directory is your bot installed in?".

All I want is a site that I can tell it what server I want it to connect to, make it use this world.mrc script, and let it run 24/7. I don't want any of that vHost [censored], or that sub-domain stuff either.

Just that.
Any help?

Thanks.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

eggdrop uses scripts written in the Tool Command Language; a vhost *is* required to connect to an IRC server as a user, without a valid host it will never connect.

The following links are of use to you:

Using Your Shell
Setting up an Eggdrop
Using Your Eggdrop
Enhancing Your Eggdrop
Eggdrop Command Reference
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM