This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Can't dcc with bot..

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
m
mol

Post by mol »

Hi there. I'm using an Eggdrop 1.6.6, and it's functioning really well, except for one thing. A lot of users can't dcc with it. I can. Never had any problems with it, but so far no one else has been able to do so. If I add a user with the following flags:
global: hp
his channel: mno
And furtermore: The users with the dcc-problems are using mIRC, but not behind a firewall. And the bot is also running on a non-firewalled machine. Is it a mIRC-setting?! Or maybe eggy-config??? Hope someone can help me.

/Mogens Christensen
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

There should be some sort of error, or logged antry as yo what happened.

Please loctae i=t and paste it here.

If there isn't one, try changing your console settings.
m
mol

Post by mol »

In mIRC it looks like this:

DCC Chat session
Client: HillB0tty (10.10.10.100)
Acknowledging chat request...
Unable to connect!
DCC session closed

In the console/logs I can see something like this:

CTCP CHAT: from rhaz (peter@ip345.boanxx4.adsl.tele.dk)

And that's all.

/Mogens Christensen
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

10.10.10.100 is an ip address within a local intranet netblock (10.0.0.0/24), and cannot be used over the internet. You have to set the mirc settings to use your real ip as shown over the net, not your lan ip
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Thats is actualy the bots IP.

This is an eggdrop config error. Did you specify a v-host in the bots config file?

If not (and no IP), then the bot is bound to BIND_ANY, which is why it is telling mirc to connect ot the invalid address.

To fix this, specify a v-host & IP. If there isn't one, specify the IP & V-host that it uses to connect to irc with (obtained via a /whois).

If this fails, then the bot is sitting behind a firewall, or some sort of NAT router. To get around this, tell your friends to use "/ctcp <botnick> CHAT" instead of a standard DCC chat.
m
mol

Post by mol »

Thanks for the quick anwers.. It never occured to me that the v-host setting could do it. But I did like you said, and of course it worked.. Thanks for the help.

/Mogens Christensen