This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Dynamic ban problems

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
s
scarpa
Voice

Dynamic ban problems

Post by scarpa »

Sorry if this answer to this question is really obvious, but I tried to mess around with my eggdrop and search for the answer. Well basically what my problem is that when I place a ban on a channel in efnet my bot will remove it after the specified bantime. If the person who i banned rejoins the channel with the same host the bot doesnt place the ban unless I actually dcc to the bot and do a .+ban host chan. Is there anyway to remedy this?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

+ban <hostmask> [channel] [%<XdXhXm>] [comment]
Adds a ban to the list of permanent bans stored on the bot, with optional comment and bantime. This ban will be in effect for every channel on the bot if no channel is supplied, and is stored with your nickname and comment. Prefixing a comment with @ will make it only visible within the bot. Bantime has to be expressed in days, hours and/or minutes.

Examples

.+ban *!loser@*.isp.net #CowChat get out
.+ban *yousuck*!*@* %1h30m change your nick please
Eggdrop Command Reference (Channels)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
scarpa
Voice

Post by scarpa »

Yeah i get that, i was just wondering if there was anyway i could make the bans i set in the channel perm.. with dynamic bans the bot takes it down and doesnt put it back up when the person with that host returns. I have seen other people configure there bots that way and just want to know if thats a setting somewhere or a tcl.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

There is a setting, I posted it.

That is done via DCC.

To stop the bot removing a ban after the default 120 minutes simply do the following:

Code: Select all

.chanset #chan -dynamicbans
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
scarpa
Voice

Post by scarpa »

lol, okay i get that, if i want to ban a host perm i just dcc to the bot and ban the host that way. What I was asking is if another op or I chose to place the ban in the channel rather then the bot, is there anyway to make that perm without dccing to the bot? cause if i place a ban in the channel when it expires the bot just takes it down and never replaces it. it will only replace it if i place the ban via dcc, but the other ops cant dcc to my bots and doing it in the channel is easier and less complicated since most of the banning is done by scripts on my mirc client. I could just take off dynamic bans but i like having it since it keeps the banlist neat and without it the banlist would also fill up too fast.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

You would need a little script to catch the mode change in channel and turn it into a bot-permban, check the tcl archive, I'd bet there are more than a few already available to do just that.
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Actually, setting the bantime to 0 should solve the problem.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

metroid wrote:Actually, setting the bantime to 0 should solve the problem.
Apparently no one reads these days.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
scarpa
Voice

Post by scarpa »

Setting bantime to 0 will just make all the bans perm, which is not what i want. I will however look in the tcl archive and look for a script that does what I want Thanks Alchera and rosc2112 for your help. If i find the tcl that fits i'll post it here incase anyone else has the same problem. The thing is that I was sure the eggdrop would make all bans placed by ops perm :roll:
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Making the bans permanent is what makes the bot remember and ban next time.

Setting the ban time to 0 achieves this.

There are Tcl scripts in the archives that make it easier by not having to be in the party line all the time; although purists cringe at any other method.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
scarpa
Voice

Post by scarpa »

Okay, so i set the ban time to 0.. and what happens is the bot never takes the ban down.. If i take it down manually and the person rejoins the but still doesnt ban them. I never had this problem before, just when i got the new eggdrop v 1.6.18. They only way to make the ban perminant is to dcc the bot but I know i have had it just remove the bans and remember them. I reread eggdrop.conf and it says "dynamicbans
# Only activate bans on the channel when necessary? This keeps
# the channel's ban list from getting excessively long. The bot
# still remembers every ban, but it only activates a ban on the
# channel when it sees someone join who matches that ban. " So im guessing there is just something wrong with my eggdrop. I would like to avoid using a tcl if at all possible.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Setting ban time to zero is only part of how things are done. The "+/-dynamicbans" setting is another part.

One sets:

Code: Select all

.chanset #chan +dynamicbans
The removal of that ban is 120 minutes (default) BUT the bot remembers it and that timing can be set in the configuration file:
set global-ban-time 120
# ban-time 120
# Set here how long temporary bans will last (in minutes). If you
# set this setting to 0, the bot will never remove them.
There are a number of Tcl scripts in the archives that act as a "front-end" alternative to using the party line (purists cringe at this short-cut).

I suggest a study of the Eggdrop Command Reference
Search | FAQ | RTM