This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Script for checking Quakenet channel modes

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
C
Coixi
Voice

Script for checking Quakenet channel modes

Post by Coixi »

Hi,

I'd like if someone could tell me how to check if +c is on in Quakenet channel.

I've tried getchanmode <channel> and channel get <name> <setting> so far - without any luck.

What i've understood after reading this forum quite a bit is that Quakenet doesn't follow RFC and won't report /WHO nor channel modes in right format.

I tried to seach for hardcoded and bind raw but you really couldn't understood them.

I need a script which checks if +c is on in $channel. If not, do thing A, if it is on do thing B.
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

You got half of it right with the getchanmode, but you need to use string match to find it within the returned string of modes.

Code: Select all

if {[string match *c* [getchanmode $chan]]} {
  # mode +c is set
} else {
  #mode +c is not set
}
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
C
Coixi
Voice

Post by Coixi »

"WTF" is what i wanna say now.

I can't even count how many different 'variations' of getchanmode + string match check i tried and none of them worked. This one does :)

Thanks!
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Always use

Code: Select all

if {[string match *c* [lindex [getchanmode $chan] 0]]} {
  # mode +c is set
} else {
  #mode +c is not set
}
Or it will report that +c is set when the key contains the letter c.