This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Several netbots problems.

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
g
gencha
Voice

Several netbots problems.

Post by gencha »

I installed the netbots script yesterday as it has been recommended to me by a friend.
I'm having several issues with it though. First of all, when i do a .nethelp (or any other netbots command hat generates console output) the printed list does not contain any carriage returns, thus making the list almost unreadable.

Code: Select all

[12:25] #gencha# nethelp
netbots.tcl commands
                     For permanent owners:
                                            netbots       netcontrol    netinfo       netshell
                     netserv       netpass       netsave       nethash
                                                                        netsay        netact        netnotice     netdump
                                                netnick       netjump       netjoin       netpart
                        netchanset    nettcl        netupdate     component
Output generated by eggdrop itself looks fine.

The second thing is, when i checked into my bots this morning, they lost the correct address and port of the hub, so i needed to add it back. Only a minor issue but i thought i might as well mention it.
And last but not least, in some cases my bots just don't op each other. I restarted them all and one of them just wouldn't get opped even though he kept requesting it for several minutes.
edit: My bad, that was actually a wrong host set for the bot.

I run netbots.tcl v4.10 on eggdrop 1.6.18. If i should post any configuration files, please let me know (didn't want to pollute the post)
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

g
gencha
Voice

Post by gencha »

Thanks