This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

run pisg on old machine?

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
c
clove
Voice

run pisg on old machine?

Post by clove »

i have an old k62 400 that hosts my bot and my webpage. everytime it updates pisg the bot drops off irc with error {ping timeout}. I have checked and pisg starts @ -10 nice (high priority) high do i set it to start low priority.
i have checked in the conf files i don't see it saying to run high anywhere? Is this possible and do you think it will help? I'm a nub at running linux and eggdrops. so if you can i help i need step by step directions plz.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Pisg is not related to Eggdrop, it can be set up to use Eggdrop's log-files to generate statistics.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Hell, that's faster than my p2/266, and I've never had the bot timeout from running pisg.. Are you using some pisg script within your bot? That may be the cause of your timeouts, not the pisg script itself (which can be run from cron or the commandline..) Ohh I should also mention, if you run pisg from a crontab or the shell, you can use 'nice' at the same time:

nice /path/to/pisg/pisg -n 10
Domin
Halfop

Post by Domin »

If you run it from irc command then it will time out, without cache it takes me 30 min to generate stats and thats the reason it is timing out.

I think i there is some way of fixing it by using some command that dont make the bot wait for it to finish, but i cant remember how it is done, try searching this forum, or perhaps rosc2112 or Sir_Fz knows what command that is ;-)
Regards
Domin @ efnet
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Domin: I think you're reffering to either using 'open "|command"' or 'exec "command" &'.
'open' should work across most platforms without issues, but is abit more complex to get working, while 'exec' is pretty straight forward but depends alot on the capabilities of the platform (os).
NML_375
Domin
Halfop

Post by Domin »

I wouldt assume this tcl script works to:

http://www.tclscript.com/cgi-bin/dlcoun ... xec.tcl.gz
Regards
Domin @ efnet