This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

score tcl for BogusTrivia

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
crux
Voice

Post by crux »

I already changed all "eq" to "==" and "ne" to "!=" but .. my bot got this error and shutting down :(

Code: Select all

[04:35] Tcl error in script for 'timer139':
[04:35] wrong # args: should be "lsearch ?mode? list pattern"

Code: Select all

[04:37] Tcl error [TGotIt]: wrong # args: should be "lsearch ?mode? list pattern"
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

That's a different error than you originally posted and you didnt include the output of set errorInfo. Not mind-readers...
crux
Voice

Post by crux »

thanks alot SpiKe^^
my BogusTrivia is now working on tcl8.4.7 .....
T
Torrevado
Op

Post by Torrevado »

nyilad wrote:my BogusTrivia is now working on tcl8.4.7 .....
Lucky you :evil:
T
Torrevado
Op

Post by Torrevado »

Version 2.06 available but not fixed :oops:

Version 2.02 works fine.. I don't understand it :roll:
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

Klinex, i have the exact problem with non-english characters. "æøå" is messing things up also.
I hope the author will fix this issue.

I would also like if the ".mix" would work when having less than 3500 questions.
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

I have the same problem with the french characters "éèîêôû". This problem appeared in v2.05 and later versions. It s not present on v2.04. I already talked to the author about this, and he said that he is busy now with the implementation of webpage for the scores, which is a really good thing, and will make this script the best one for trivia, since it looks already like Mirc trivia scripts.

Althought in my humble opinion, fixing the bug of the "foreign characters" is a priority also, coz it makes us stuck with the v2.04, that have a bug in the stats of scores, making us having problems with players that think we admins, are cheating with scores.....

The author did a really good job in correcting this bug on v2.06, but unfortunately we cannot upgrade to this version, becoz of the foreign characters bug....We have just to wait, the author promised to correct all the bugs.

Thanks to Spike^^ for this Great Script :)
T
Torrevado
Op

Post by Torrevado »

Zircon wrote: I already talked to the author about this, and he said that he is busy now with the implementation of webpage for the scores, which is a really good thing, and will make this script the best one for trivia, since it looks already like Mirc trivia scripts.
Thanks to Spike^^ for this Great Script :)
I think before adding new features to a script it should be stable and works correctly (if his author wants it to be a PUBLIC script)
By the way v2.04 (I guess later versions too) has also an "answer bug", that is, if the correct answer is for example "big" and a player types "bigggggggggggggg", the bot will give the correct answer as "bigggggggggggggg" (<eggdrop> Yes, player1 got it! The answer is bigggggggggggggg Points: 2500 ....etc) :P I have told it many times, only v2.02 works fine ;)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Script is 100%

Post by SpiKe^^ »

I wrote bogus for myself, needed a tcl to replace the mirc script I was running. Is everything I needed a trivia game to be:)

Now I'm nice enough to share all my work and code with the world, even you Klinex:) I speak english, and write in english, so the script is 100% for me and everyone else using the script in its default setup.

I will address the special char issue in good time, it's not keeping me from running the script 24-7 on 3 bots, in 3 channels. Script is rock solid, running as long as the bot can stay up.

So your options are clear and limited:
1. use bogus in its default configuration (english)
2. use an older version, any prior to 2.05 should be fine
3. wait for me to find the problem and fix it
4. fix the issue yourself, then share your work with me & the world
5. use some other trivia script and stop badmouthing me

The choice is yours,.

SpiKe^^
Last edited by SpiKe^^ on Tue May 22, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T
Torrevado
Op

Re: Script is 100%

Post by Torrevado »

SpiKe^^ wrote: The choice is yours, but don't be an ass, I owe you nothing.
I'm not an ass... are you? Have I ever said you owe me something? I don't think so

Ok, there's another BUG, even in v2.02 :o Sometimes it resets $ever score)

Note: I just reminded the special chars bug when a new version was launched. If you don't want to know about bugs you shouldn't ask people to report it on the top of YOUR script :wink:
SpiKe^^
Owner

your issue resolved

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Your issue has been addressed and hopefully resolved.

BogusTrivia 2.06.1 is now available on mytclscripts.com and will soon be posted to egghelp.org script archive.

This service release addresses the non-english character issue that first appeared in version 2.05

SpiKe^^
SpiKe^^
Owner

Explain your other issue

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Explain your other issue further...

"Sometimes it resets $ever score)"

I've not seen this happen, and have had no reports of this until now. Would seem to me some sort of shell problem keeping the bot from writing the userfile. Missing or corrupt userfiles are replaced without error.

Running bogus on a shell at or near its disk quota would cause this problem, as well as possible .mix problems.
starr
Voice

Lifetime score problems...

Post by starr »

I've used this trivia since the beta version, on both an eggdrop and a windrop. I've never had an issue with "ever" which i assume is lifetime scores. It's possible a crash or reboot of the host machine corrupted the file(s)... Though I've never had to use them I always keep a backup of my user stats just in case.. :) This is the best trivia tcl out there. My users love it. Many thanks to the author.
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

Spike, can u please make your script able to .mix questions when theres like 200 questions in the db? Im writing my own questions, and it takes too long to write 3500 questions lol. would be awesome mate.