This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ALLOCATION ERROR [solved]

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
masheen
Voice

ALLOCATION ERROR [solved]

Post by masheen »

hi if theres any of u guys who can help me, id me very happy.

*the situation is that, im running a trivia bot quite sumtime now having 31thou+ questions, i recently added 50thou+ questions and wen i restarted the bot, i get two errors: 1st, the bot simply disconnects wenever i type !start. 2nd, after the bot quits, i get this error on my ssh:

Code: Select all

unable to realloc 4163341 bytes
Abort trap (core dumped)
i cant say that its the trivia script error cos when i revert to my older original 31thou(2.4mb) Q's, i dont have this error. whats sad is that wen i use exactly the same trivia.questions(7.2mb) on my other bot with the same trivia script settings, it works just fine. after this error appeared i now have yet another error in my ssh:

* CANNOT FORK PROCESS.

i had to use ./eggdrop -n bot.conf for it to log on. other wise it just returns me that error.
Last edited by masheen on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
let he who is without stone cast the first sin
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Would seem your account has some strict resource restrictions, or the shell it runs on has some very limited hardware.

Also, information on what version of eggdrop you're using, any patches, etc would be helpful...
Since it is a software crash, this might also be worth reporting to the eggdrop development team at eggheads.org (email: bugs@eggheads.org, see doc/BUG-REPORT for more info.
NML_375
masheen
Voice

Post by masheen »

yeah if u eliminate the fact that its not script error, as only the triva.question file is added...i think maybe this is a server error already? i have reinstalled the entire eggdrop 1.6.17 for this triviabot...and guess what? another strange damn thing happened lols... the FORK PROCESS problem is out and the bot can already login to the net but i get this now on my SSH console window:

java@server$
/var: write failed, filesystem is full

and the bug over the !start which makes the bot disconnect with the ALLOCATION PROBLEM is still there T_T have emailed the bug-report already and m still hoping for a response...meantime if theres anyone who has the same problem as mine, pls shed light to this eggdrop nightmare of mine :)
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Looks like a quota issue with the shell provider..
masheen
Voice

WEEE got a solution

Post by masheen »

yeap its wat i was thinking to...ah well what dya expect from $5 a month shell hahha... anyway thanx rosc2112 for the replies...i got a solution now...LOOK FOR A BETTER SHELL with bigger disk quota lols!