This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Entropy ?

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
MenzAgitat
Op

Entropy ?

Post by MenzAgitat »

I'm worried about the fact the tcl archive is no more updated so frequently and the forum is not so lively as before.
It is said somewhere that it should be updater once or twice a week but it had not been done since 06/05/07.

This website is THE reference (my reference ?) on TCL and eggdrops and I don't want it to die.

Are there no more new scripts to publish ? Everything had been written ? Every problem solved ? TCLers, stop reading this post and go back to work, we need your scripts and our eggdrops are hungry.

Eggies forever !
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

I must agree with this point, but also we need more ideas. If you guys post some more ideas, it will be producted, but i most say at this moment of time everything we need/think of is either impossible, already made or we just cba to make it.

Give us good ideas, and we will produce it.
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

Perhaps slenox is busy or w/e. He said after years it`s not that hard to get interested in anything else then eggdrop, it`s true. Maybe more people should be able to help him to update the scripts archive, keep this as suggestion.

I don`t think eggdrop community will die, if there is need for new websites someone will create one.

Some ideas for tcl/eggdrop not created yet:
- Eggdrop has already channels, chat, botnet... What about global and serverless (though dht) meeting place? Eggdrop dcc chatters could talk to each other in channels and get over the limits of irc servers. Not really needed, but I think it would be challenge.
- Tabbed (like firefox tabs) dcc chat, integration into mirc/x-chat or a new program just for dcc chat client.
- More eggdrop security features like encrypted dcc chat, maybe using public keys?

Someone like to contribute?
socketapi | Code less, create more.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

sKy wrote:Some ideas for tcl/eggdrop not created yet:
- Eggdrop has already channels, chat, botnet... What about global and serverless (though dht) meeting place? Eggdrop dcc chatters could talk to each other in channels and get over the limits of irc servers. Not really needed, but I think it would be challenge.
- Tabbed (like firefox tabs) dcc chat, integration into mirc/x-chat or a new program just for dcc chat client.
- More eggdrop security features like encrypted dcc chat, maybe using public keys?
  • 1) Eggdrops already have the ability to allow DCC chatters to create "channels" over the partyline, look at the assoc module.
    2) Tabbed interfaces are the domain of clients, contact your favorite IRC client author for this.
    3) SSL DCC chat has already been done, search the forums (it was recent).
I guess this leaves us back at "give us new ideas for eggdrop TCL scripts", ah well.....
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

DragnLord wrote: 1) Eggdrops already have the ability to allow DCC chatters to create "channels" over the partyline, look at the assoc module.
True, I said this already. My idea was not to make channels, my idea was to create a global meeting place.
DragnLord wrote:2) Tabbed interfaces are the domain of clients, contact your favorite IRC client author for this.
This must be done with scripting.
DragnLord wrote: 3) SSL DCC chat has already been done, search the forums (it was recent).
It`s not written in pure tcl and therefore not very user friendly.
socketapi | Code less, create more.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Sorry MenzAgitat - I see one of your submissions has been waiting since the day after the last update. The rest of the submissions except one all came in the last couple of days. As sKy said I'm mostly focused on other things nowadays, so I tend not to update the archive until there is a decent number of submissions waiting as it's more efficient (the archive is a real dinosaur and updating it involves editing flatfiles and manual juggling of script files / submission e-mails).

I like how the weather scripts come in bunches :)

EDIT: the rosc2112/MenzAgitat spat has been moved to the junk yard.
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

No problem Slennox, glad to see you back.

I tend not to update the archive until there is a decent number of submissions waiting
*subliminal message* : let's make scripts, scripts and more scripts :wink: