This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop breaks itself supposedly

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
dhp1080
Voice

Eggdrop breaks itself supposedly

Post by dhp1080 »

I have an eggdrop running on FreeBSD. I run the old version of AllProtection.tcl (Version 4.5 does everything I need, and I found it more stable than the new release). Everything runs well until randomly the bot stops setting the channel limit. I can't find a rhyme or reason as to why it does this, but it happens and it doesn't make me a happy person.

I'm running the latest Eggdrop (1.6.18) and this happens periodically. I've been able to fix it by reinstalling eggdrop completely, but as of recently that hardly works.

I get the error...

Code: Select all

[16:05] Tcl error in script for 'init-server':
[16:05] missing "
When I attempt to connect to the network. This is on a fresh install of the bot.

I'm just asking for a simple solution to make my bot as reliable as possible. If that means putting it on another OS, changing eggdrop versions (I tried eggdrop 1.6.16 and had no luck), or changing scripts, I'd be willing to do it.

Thanks for your help in advance.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

The error you posted would suggest there is a flaw in your config when defining the proc named "init-server", which is executed whenever your bot think it connected to a server. That part of the config-file should look something like this unless edited:

Code: Select all

bind evnt - init-server evnt:init_server

proc evnt:init_server {type} {
  global botnick
  putquick "MODE $botnick +i-ws"
}
As for the chanlimit issue, I am not familiar with AllProtection.tcl to shed any light on that I'm afraid.
NML_375
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

AllProtection couldn't be possibly the cause of this problem. It is definitely a problem inside the init-server proc.