This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Self-learning bot?

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
W
Wintermute
Voice

Self-learning bot?

Post by Wintermute »

I assume that this place would be the best place to ask around..

Basicly, a time ago we had a bot in our channel. I wasn't the owner of that Eggdrop. Basicly, that bot logged everything we ever said in that particular IRC-channel. Then every now and then, when someone mentioned something it would (I guess.. ) search through all these logs for sentences that had that particular word in it. Then it would blend a few of these sentences together, making pretty much nonsense, but still mostly quite grammatical.

Probably sounds quite odd, but I'll try to reconstruct a small sample of it.

Example:

<User>: Heh, my dog is running around and barking at the fireworks outside.
<Bot>: User, my cat ate your dog.

Alright, this is probably quite confusing..

What I'm actually looking for is if there's a script already similar to this that's available somewhere. Or if that particular script was made by the owner on the spot. All I've found this far is bots that learn when you actually use a syntax like !addtopic <variable> <information>, which isn't what I was looking for.

And.. how hard would it be to actually make a similar script?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

The Tcl Archive is always a good place to start.

Secondly, Google for bmotion (bMotion is an artificial intelligence TCL script for eggdrops that gives them more personality.)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

This is also a good script which I have used previously.. for what you are mentioning (replicating AI in an eggdrop):
egg-fu v2.02

A simulated artificial intelligence script for eggdrop much like infobot, but with many more options and features and high-configurability, includes ability for multi-language support and two main modes of use.
Download it from:
http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... oad&id=693
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Re: Self-learning bot?

Post by TCL_no_TK »

I'd actually recommend bmotion as i've found this is the best one out there. And in my opinion isn't given the credit it deservs. :cry: Sorry for spamming it or anything, but i recommend anyone thats into AI/learning scripts/plugins to check it out.
Alchera
Revered One

Re: Self-learning bot?

Post by Alchera »

TCL_no_TK wrote:I'd actually recommend bmotion as i've found this is the best one out there. And in my opinion isn't given the credit it deservs. :cry:
I agree. :)

That particular script is easily set up and what pops up in the channel sometimes is really hilarious.

I once tested the one awayeah mentioned but found it lacking in many areas.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

The only problem with your script I found is that (haven't run it on my eggdrop yet), it has alot of files. When I unzipped it there were like 50 files or more. Obviously you wouldn't need to configure all of them or add all of them in your bot config file, only 2-3 of them I guess.

But for a scripter, such as like me.. such kind of a script I'd say is not written written in a friendly manner especially to read. As the main script is linked here and there to other files, which makes it more confusing to understand.
·­awyeah·

j
jager
Voice

self learning bot?

Post by jager »

What you remember is almost certainly megahal, which is a module that must be compiled into the bot, not a script. Look here for more info: http://barkerjr.net/irc/eggdrop/modules/megahal/ and of course google is your constant friend.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Megahal, hmm interesting.. never used it.. will try it out. :P
·­awyeah·