This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

New script website

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
awyeah
Revered One

New script website

Post by awyeah »

Recently I made a webpage devoted to the "small" eggdrop TCL scripts community we have. I didn't have enough time to make a proper website.. so I made a small page containing some tcl scripts (will update them continuously and add more) which I have recently done through the past 2 to 3 months.

The website is located at:
http://channels.dal.net/awyeah/

The scripts I did a few years ago, I haven't uploaded them yet, since some are buggy.. yes. Once I fix them, I will upload them one by one.

*** If anyone wants me to add their scripts on to my page (test-releases), please do let me know.

You can email me if you have any requests at:
awesomeawyeah@gmail.com
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

Anything wrong with egghelp.org script archive?

Not really wrong, but some things could be done better at cost of time of some community member.

The egghelp script archive is as far I know only updated by slenox and after many years of contributing this website he has not so much time to care about it what I can understand very well.

I would like to see this website or your website updated. A more open structure would be cool. Like wikipedia.org with Open Content. A wiki software would be really nice.

Imagine everyone would be able to add his script and to provide documentation and discussions on the discussion website (discussions, support and feature reqeust). One one area all users could post 'untrusted' scripts and the owner of the website and maybe some helpers will move the scripts to trusted from time to time.
socketapi | Code less, create more.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Nothing wrong with the egghelp tcl script archive, it hosts many scripts. The problem is for newbie eggdrop users, I've seen that if they are searching say for a protection script, they will find a lot of results on the archive.. confused with so many results and finding out which one is the best and which one suits their needs the most, they come to the forum and ask which one is the best for their use?

My page only includes the "scripts", best at what they do. Plus I've used those scripts before, so there is no chance of vulnerability. Yes I know slennox is busy and he hardly gets time to update the archive, neither has time to check every submitted script, thats why I intended to make a small database of reliable and good scripts for people to use, plus meanwhile also add my new scripts to it as well.
I would like to see this website or your website updated. A more open structure would be cool. Like wikipedia.org with Open Content. A wiki software would be really nice.
Well I really have no idea of how this would be implemented, I'm just familiar with some basics of html thats about it. Myself, a newbie web programmer I'd say.
Imagine everyone would be able to add his script and to provide documentation and discussions on the discussion website (discussions, support and feature reqeust). One one area all users could post 'untrusted' scripts and the owner of the website and maybe some helpers will move the scripts to trusted from time to time.
Well this can be done through a forum if you allow attachments and so. Some type of phpBB board or modify the existing ones to meet your requirements if you're good in php. :P
·­awyeah·

sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... i_software I don`t think you need to be more geeky to install it.

Hoped you do web programing and have currently enough free time and interest do create such a site.

Ok, you explained very well your reasons. I got the point now of your site.
socketapi | Code less, create more.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

sKy wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... i_software I don`t think you need to be more geeky to install it.

Hoped you do web programing and have currently enough free time and interest do create such a site.

Ok, you explained very well your reasons. I got the point now of your site.
Interesting, I'll look into that wiki thing and find about it more.
Thanks!
·­awyeah·