This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help me with a lil` script here

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
e
edu
Voice

Help me with a lil` script here

Post by edu »

Hey guys,

all I need is a lil` "anti flood script" for this script:

Code: Select all

setudef flag private

bind join - * edu:join:private

proc edu:join:X {nickname hostname handle channel} {
	if {![channel get $channel private]} { return }
	putquick "PRIVMSG X :ban $channel $hostname 1 75 This channel is +private"
}
A need a this script because when there is a mass join on the channel he goes bye bye :-) (Excess Flood)

Please help me, best regards.

PS: I have a flood join script that +mr's the channel, but is insufficient, because there will be more joins in less than a second
Seek the truth
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

use a slower eggdrop queue, ie instead of 'putquick' use 'putserv' or 'puthelp'.
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
e
edu
Voice

Post by edu »

I need it PUTQUICK, because it's MSG X, I can't risc with PUTSERV, I have already test this one, it's not good enough, so..

Can you help me?
Seek the truth
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

edu wrote:I need it PUTQUICK, because it's MSG X, I can't risc with PUTSERV, I have already test this one, it's not good enough, so..

Can you help me?
You can help yourself. Your forgetting a mass join usually means a massive amount of people join the channel at the same interval. The joins are two types: one is they are all bots in a botnet preparing something devious soon, the second one is it's simply a netsplit/server rejoin). The problem isn't figuring out the difference between those two (and there is technically 3, Coincidence being 3rd and very rare), that part is easy. The problem stems from the fact that one oppored bot trying to ban them all using putquick msgs to chanserv/x/etc will get knocked down by excess flood every time, if enough hosts join at the right interval (which 75% of the time they have enough). So your request is mostly going to require some way to communicate on a botnet (for those 75%), which by the phrasing of your question you haven't tackled yet either. Realisticly though,your likely just going to have to settle, and use a script that sets the channel temporarily +i and kicks those who joined during/caused the mass-join event. There are scripts tailored to handle join floods on a single bot , in fact several, even the uber mean sentinel.tcl by slennox (not mean, just very strict and uncaring and global, which is good too..)
e
edu
Voice

Post by edu »

Yes I understand, but the code I had post isn't the one I use, it's a X ban when join if "hostname" is on the bot's banlist, I "don't want to post that code as such as I don't want it to be public" (my own decision)

I use that script on a channel that has an averange of 350 users on it, and there are a lot of joins on it. This is the reason why I asked for help here as you are more clever than me, if you can help me with that code that I think it's only 4/5 lines I will thank you for your time spent on it.

Thanks again
Seek the truth
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

edu wrote:Yes I understand, but the code I had post isn't the one I use ...
Then why post anything at all?

speechles suggested sentinel.tcl an excellent script that will do as required globally and there is also allprotection.tcl.

If your Network supports join throttling then I'd suggest using that as a very simple solution. :wink:
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM