This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

First :
ban-time: 0
This is not an AllProtection setting...it has nothing to do with the script. It s a native setting to the eggdrop that tell him to never remove the bans.... All AllProtection settings start with AP, like :

Code: Select all

ap:textl: {5:2 15 k:kb 2}
ap:textc: {215:3 30 kb 2}
ap:notcl: {1:3 30 kb 2}
Second : dont touch to this :
# If banthruX is 1, set the command here to ban through services:
set banthruX(cmd) "privmsg X :ban %chan %ban %btime %level %reason"
Third : Since you want to ban for 1 hour, then change the bantimes for every AP setting to 60 minutes, example :

.chanset * ap:textl 5:2 60 k:kb 2
.chanset * ap:textc 215:3 60 kb 2
.chaset * ap:notcl 1:3 60 kb 2
60 is for 60 minutes = 1 hour
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Zircon wrote:If you want to ban through X everytime even if the banlist isnt full, change this in your .conf file :

# Set here the maximum number of bans you want the bot to set on a channel. 
# Eggdrop will not place any more bans if this limit is reached. Undernet 
# currently allows 45 bans, IRCnet allows 30, EFnet allows 100, and DALnet 
# allows 100. 
set max-bans 45
set max-bans to 0
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Any possibility of exporting settings into there own configuration ? also any tips on making things easier to share other a botnet using netbots and controlling all lists via the hub .. outsite of .netupdate -file ./scripts/aplists ?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Re: ..

Post by Sir_Fz »

X-Ception wrote:Any possibility of exporting settings into there own configuration ?
What do you mean?
X-Ception wrote: also any tips on making things easier to share other a botnet using netbots and controlling all lists via the hub .. outsite of .netupdate -file ./scripts/aplists ?
That's not a bad idea, I might implement it when I finally find the time.
X
X-Ception
Voice

Re: ..

Post by X-Ception »

What do you mean?
AFP is an excellent script but none the less huge, the default settings for me i take the time with then adapt as i go for specific channels needs. However on a new release its a case of cross comparing your old version with your new version to ensure your globals remain similar as the previous incarnation.

to the point! if AFP had its OWN global .conf which held settings it would be simply a case of updating the tcl which reads the settings which only need to be touched if new methods are added or updated..

hope that makes a small amount of sense
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

Any possibility of exporting settings into there own configuration ?
No need to create its own .conf, since eachtime you upgrade, you don't need to edit the whole settings included in the new version of AllProtection, since the the script load the AP settings that exists already on the chanfile, and not the settings included in the new version of the script. I hope you don't edit all the settings eachtime you upgrade ! By the way, take a look at your chanfile .chan, and you ll see the AP settings there.

Also, if all your bots that use AllProtection are on the same shell account, you need just one aplists file for all of them, and not one for each of them.
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Actually had you read my post more clearly it does state that its FOR the global settings and 2 posts up i address botnets :roll:
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

Yup i read it, that s WHY i gave my commentary. My commentary was more about the global settings you talked about. I thought you were talking about the AP settings in each new release, since you didnt give an example about these "global" settings, i was wrong then. Maybe you are talking about these settings that you cannot change via the partyline, but you want to keep always when you install a new release, so you dont have to edit the new version at all. Also managing aplists under Botnet is a good idea, when the bots arent on the same shell account :)
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Zircon wrote:Yup i read it, that s WHY i gave my commentary. My commentary was more about the global settings you talked about. I thought you were talking about the AP settings in each new release, since you didnt give an example about these "global" settings, i was wrong then. Maybe you are talking about these settings that you cannot change via the partyline, but you want to keep always when you install a new release, so you dont have to edit the new version at all. Also managing aplists under Botnet is a good idea, when the bots arent on the same shell account :)
your comments are welcome :) - put it down to misunderstanding, i should have provided further input on my part.

In terms of the global config, i always run everything on a "per channel" basis via the hub, making use of .netchanset <option> then periodically syncing back with the hubs version ( forcing the leafs to switch to the hubs per channel settings )

However for globals on a new release its somewhat a pain as i need to remember what i have set for them as i like to provide a somewhat "safe" environment for the channel upon creation then tweak as the users moan to suit there needs.. so i do change a lot of the default settings would just be nice to export the global config to its own file.

Bogus trivia does this and upgrades are so much easier and rake 2 minutes, just a matter of adding any new settings introduced ;)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

A quick solution would be splitting the "configuration" part into a separate file; you can just copy-paste them instead of editing each script separately. I'll see what I can do to improve this in the future.
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Sir_Fz wrote:A quick solution would be splitting the "configuration" part into a separate file; you can just copy-paste them instead of editing each script separately. I'll see what I can do to improve this in the future.
thankks ;)
S
Sydneybabe
Op

Post by Sydneybabe »

Hi Sir_Fz how to fix this thingy:

set bchan(caw) 60

Eggdrop ap:bchans: {+ 30 w:kb 3 0}
-Eggdrop- Warning: You're on a bad chan #sex, leave it or you'll be kicked from #anthony. You have 60 seconds to leave #sex.

Eggdrop didn't kicked the user join on channel #anthony after 60 seconds which the user still on channel #sex :? How can i fixed this.. thanks in advance. :D
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I've already discussed this with Zircon. I'm sure we fixed it but I'm not sure if it's fixed in the current version. I'll leave this one for Zircon because my memory betrays me on this one.
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

Hello Sydneybabe

Are you sure that you have the last version v4.6b7 ? if this is the case, well replace :

if {[info exists bchan([set ch [string tolower $c:$ju]])]} {
with

if {[info exists bchan([set ch [string tolower $c:[lindex [split $ju @] 1]]])]} {
Alchera
Revered One

Feature Request

Post by Alchera »

I'd think that when there's an attack on a channel it would be a good idea to have the bot trigger a timed /silence as added protection for the bot:

/silence +*!*@*
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM