This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop commands abuse. How to keep it steady.

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
S
Skiv
Voice

Eggdrop commands abuse. How to keep it steady.

Post by Skiv »

My admin said that: "Make it so, that once someone does something, they gotta wait 30 secs."
Yes. What script/variable, should I add to make it less floddy.
Also, Hi this is my first time here, and I dont know scripts very well.
Alchera
Revered One

Re: Eggdrop commands abuse. How to keep it steady.

Post by Alchera »

Skiv wrote:My admin said that: "Make it so, that once someone does something, they gotta wait 30 secs."
Yes. What script/variable, should I add to make it less floddy.
Also, Hi this is my first time here, and I dont know scripts very well.
What is this "admin" of yours talking about?

If you're using those pre-configured shell bots you're asking from "dramas" of one sort or another.

Get a copy of the official eggdrop.conf from here and follow the instructions here.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
K
KristianF
Voice

Post by KristianF »

What Skiv means is that he made a bot, latest Windrop to be exact.
And he added some scripts, but some people like to spam some commands, and he would like to limit the commands to not more than 1 command every 30 sec.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

KristianF wrote:What Skiv means is that he made a bot, latest Windrop to be exact.
And he added some scripts, but some people like to spam some commands, and he would like to limit the commands to not more than 1 command every 30 sec.
Then he'd best carefully select scripts (some do have flood control) and get himself a good channel protection script (or redo the bot configuration as indicated) which should take care of the "overkill" in channel input.
Search | FAQ | RTM
S
Skiv
Voice

Post by Skiv »

channel protection script? What kind of channel protection script...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Regarding eggdrop.conf: Setting up an Eggdrop

Regarding channel protection: AllProtection.tcl (Current Beta: v4.6b7)

Eggdrop Command Reference

Windrop specific issues: Windrop Central - Forums
Search | FAQ | RTM
S
Skiv
Voice

Post by Skiv »

Ok let me but it this way. I wanted to set a bot in one channel where I am a regular user.
The main moderator of this channel said, that I can use it, but under one condition.
"One command every 30 seconds." This means they can only use for example !google <string> every 30 sec., and every other command.
I would like to use currencies, UNOFFICIAL-incith-google-v1.96.tcl, and bseen.tcl
As i said I'm a total n00b at scriting and at searching and understanding good scripts.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

incith:google v1.8.7a has a configurable flood control.

None of the seen scripts (as fas as I am aware) have flood controls. So the channel "whatsits" either lumps it or leaves it OR you remove it.
Search | FAQ | RTM
S
Skiv
Voice

Post by Skiv »

Thank you. It kinda worked. 2 queries in 10 seconds 3rd gets ignored. Anyway to make the ignore time lower, and not 1 minute buy f/e 30 sec?
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

You'd have to edit all of your scripts to add flood controls to those that do not already have it.. Check around the forum, there's plenty of examples of flood control in scripts, it's not all that hard to do.

<edit>

Actually, now that I re-read your post, and considering how anal your admin seems to be, I'd probably just set all of the script's bind permission flags to something other than -|- and then only allow friends to use it at all.. Screw the other users if they're gonna get ya booted!

<edit2>
Another option I would consider, is changing the puthelp's that get sent to $chan to privmsg them to the users, that way the admin wont see the responses and wont have a damn thing to complain about (not like you can control people spamming commands, but the bot wont flood the channel with responses at all.)