This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

OP for only specified nicks

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
iamdeath
Master

Post by iamdeath »

Try now, :S
|AmDeAtH @ Undernet
Death is only the *Beginning*...
w
whoelse
Voice

Post by whoelse »

the last one worked fine, thank u.
a talent can win a game, teamwork wins championchip!
n
noobman
Voice

one question

Post by noobman »

For example , if you want to use that script in a public channel in quakenet. my question is, if one nick from the list is out, and one user changes his nick to a right nick from the tcl, he could get op and make a takeover, right ? then it should has a code that you can for example type in the channel : !add nick auth , and the tcl makes a file with nicks/auths, then the script should verify if nick1 corresponds with the auth1 from the file and then op him, and if he changes nick, or he join with the right nick but with diferent auth, then, dont op.

Thanks mates!
iamdeath
Master

Re: one question

Post by iamdeath »

noobman wrote:For example , if you want to use that script in a public channel in quakenet. my question is, if one nick from the list is out, and one user changes his nick to a right nick from the tcl, he could get op and make a takeover, right ? then it should has a code that you can for example type in the channel : !add nick auth , and the tcl makes a file with nicks/auths, then the script should verify if nick1 corresponds with the auth1 from the file and then op him, and if he changes nick, or he join with the right nick but with diferent auth, then, dont op.

Thanks mates!
To be honest with you, I am not that good programmer so I don't know how to add this auth/deauth feature that's way too much hard for my little brain.. but actually I know it can cause problems in quakenet since the owner of this post wanted a script like that so I tried to help him with that.. as far as auth is concerned there are many scripts in TCL archive you can find.

peace
death
|AmDeAtH @ Undernet
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Try this: Auth by DrN
Allows you to quickly and easily add authentication to channel commands.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
iamdeath
Master

Post by iamdeath »

Alchera wrote:Try this: Auth by DrN
Allows you to quickly and easily add authentication to channel commands.
Thanks Alchera, that's too much helpful.. :)
|AmDeAtH @ Undernet