This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Join channel and advertisement script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
t
toxicpc
Voice

Join channel and advertisement script

Post by toxicpc »

How can I make the bot join a channel and write it to the config file via a msg command or public command?

Also I want a script which will msg all channels it is in with a advert i specify. I like the script ingadvert.tcl:
http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... oad&id=157

But how can I make it message all channels the bot is on? Or is there another script?
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

I'm not sure how you would make the bot write something directly into the config file, sounds kinda hoaky, the bot already makes an entry into the chanfile. As for advertising a message to all the channels the bot is in, thats easy enough. Go to the tcl archive, enter in the keyword advert. There are several there that will do the trick without the need to alter.
t
toxicpc
Voice

Post by toxicpc »

Thanks for the reply YooHoo.

I have found many scripts that advertise but I cant find one which will advertise to all channels the bot is in without me specifying all the channels. Could you or someone link me to one?

About the join, all i really want it to do is have a command I can make the bot join a channel with, it does not need to set any chanmodes on the channels i tell it to join with command just go in there.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

advert.tcl by chris - Sends an advertisement (or other message) every X minutes to all channels where the script is activated. Complete administration via public/msg commands.
advert.tcl
toxicpc wrote:About the join, all i really want it to do is have a command I can make the bot join a channel with, it does not need to set any chanmodes on the channels i tell it to join with command just go in there.
All of a sudden, I have a suspicious feeling you are trying to use this bot to spam channels on IRC :evil: that would be beyond lame. Suffice to say, this is controlled with your global channel settings within the conf file.
t
toxicpc
Voice

Post by toxicpc »

Nah im not gonna use it to spam, that would be lame :p

I have tried that script but how I couldnt work out how to activate it for all channels the bot is on. I only worked out how to do it for one channel one advert.