This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

dict (tcl module)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
rosc2112
Revered One

dict (tcl module)

Post by rosc2112 »

Problems relating to dict in particular, and tvrage.tcl which seems to be the only modern eggdrop tcl implementing its use, can be discussed here. This topic is getting buried in the tvrage thread and it's a FAQ at this point, with the number of people asking about dict, and the level of intelligence in that thread rapidly shrinking :P

You can find dict here:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/5042

If you're on a windoze platform and can't get dict to work, try it under Cygwin (I'll trust you to be intelligent enough to google Cygwin and find out what it is and how to install/run it. I'm not supporting windoze or Cygwin, although if you have problems compiling/installing eggdrop and tcl, you can ask in the Eggdrop Support forum where such questions belong, and maybe someone will have a clue for you. Otherwise, ask on a Cygwin forum somewhere else..)
K
Killerchronic
Voice

Post by Killerchronic »

hi, im getting this error when running ./configure, ive also tried ./configure --enable-threads --enable-shared and a few other ./configure options.
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... ./configure: line 9892: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 9892: ` case `(ac_space=' '; set | grep ac_space) 2>&1` in'
its always the same error, using tcl8.4.9 on gentoo 2.6.20-r6

its referenced here in the dict wiki:
tried installing this ... but get the following error:

./configure --with-tcl=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.4 --with-tclinclude=/usr/local/include/tcl8.4
.................. skip some stuff ....................
checking for Tcl public headers... /usr/local/include/tcl8.4
checking for building with threads... no (default)
checking how to build libraries... shared
checking if 64bit support is enabled... no
checking if 64bit Sparc VIS support is requested... no
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... ./configure: line 9892: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 9892: ` case `(ac_space=' '; set | grep ac_space) 2>&1` in'

(/tmp/tclDict-8.5.2)-> uname -sr
FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p16

i'll keep checking here for any help. this is using tclDict-8.5.2.tar.gz (it says use that for tcl 8.4...)

(NEM: Is this comment still in need of answering? See also comp.lang.tcl for general questions.)
but there seems to be no info regarding this.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

edit: i have had dict working under debian before with no problems.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I recently came across a somewhat similar error with a shell script, fixed it by changing #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash, see if changing that in your configure script helps. No idea why it made a diff, since /bin/sh is /bin/bash but in non-interactive mode..
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

That's a known bug in the configure script. The fix is mentioned in the other thread.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

@rosc: actually, /bin/sh is'nt always the same binary as /bin/bash. Many systems do symlink /bin/sh to point to bash, but you cannot rely on it.
Especially, according to the Single UNIX Specification, /bin/sh should provide a shell environment that mimic's the Bourne shell (Linux uses bash - Bourne Again SHell - which extends Bourne shell).
NML_375
K
Killerchronic
Voice

Post by Killerchronic »

GaveUp wrote:That's a known bug in the configure script. The fix is mentioned in the other thread.
ok my bad, went through the whole of that thread a few times i dunno how the hell i missed that bit lol :oops:

but thanks yer that fixed it, removed the extra quote on line 7555 ran with no probs.

edit: thanks rosc aswell, ill have to remember that one, might come in handy :)
s
scr1pt
Voice

Post by scr1pt »

ive installed tcl, tcldict
but still - [16:48] tvrage.tcl error: dict required.

what can be wrong?

ive tried almost everything
it worked perfectly on my previous box, where i also installed above mentioned packages

when i do test

Tests running in interp: /usr/bin/tclsh8.4
Tests running with pwd: /root/tclDict-8.5.2
Tests running in working dir: /root/tclDict-8.5.2/tests
Only running tests that match: *
Skipping test files that match: l.*.test
Only sourcing test files that match: *.test
Tests began at Thu May 10 23:06:10 CEST 2007
dict.test
attempt to provide package dict 8.5 failed: package dict 8.5.2 provided instead
not a wide 0

Tests ended at Thu May 10 23:06:10 CEST 2007
all.tcl: Total 215 Passed 214 Skipped 1 Failed 0
Sourced 0 Test Files.
Number of tests skipped for each constraint:
1 memory
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

attempt to provide package dict 8.5 failed: package dict 8.5.2 provided instead

So it loaded 8.5.2.. What's the problem?
s
scr1pt
Voice

Post by scr1pt »

tvrage says:tvrage.tcl error: dict required.
a
ace0174
Voice

Post by ace0174 »

tvrage.tcl + dict in windrop up and running.
Check http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=73010#73010 for more info.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

bump
d
darkwolf
Voice

Post by darkwolf »

Do you have to manually load the dict module in the eggdrop config file or is the tvrage script should automaticly load it up ?
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

The script will load it, if it's available.
t
tassat
Voice

Post by tassat »

ok i need some direction i have

version

tcl8.5-dev_8.5.3-2

how do i get dict to work with it??? near as i can tell there is no how to to do this just bits and pieces scattered accross the web.
g
godzirra
Voice

Post by godzirra »

This is driving me insane. Someone please tell me wtf to do.

I consider myself a linux poweruser, and I've been screwing with this script and tclDict for 2 days now.

CentOS 5.3 (Final) x86_64

Code: Select all

# rpm -qa |grep tcl
tcl-8.4.13-4.el5.x86_64
tcl-devel-8.4.13-4.el5.x86_64
tcl-devel-8.4.13-4.el5.i386
tcl-8.4.13-4.el5.i386

# make
gcc -pipe -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"dict\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"dict\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"8.5.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"dict\ 8.5.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DUSE_TCL_STUBS=1   -I"/usr/local/include"    -O -Wall -Wconversion -Wno-implicit-int -fPIC -c `echo ./generic/tclDictObj.c` -o tclDictObj.o
In file included from ./generic/tclDictObj.c:43:
./generic/tclDict.h:56: error: conflicting types for ‘Tcl_DictSearch’
/usr/local/include/tcl.h:1279: error: previous declaration of ‘Tcl_DictSearch’ was here
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DupDictInternalRep’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:198: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_Alloc’ with different width due to prototype
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘UpdateStringOfDict’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:355: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_Alloc’ with different width due to prototype
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘SetDictFromAny’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:494: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_Alloc’ with different width due to prototype
./generic/tclDictObj.c: At top level:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:811: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:868: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:914: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:967: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1011: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1081: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1149: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1185: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1244: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1300: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1350: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictGetCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1468: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1482: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictMergeCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1679: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1688: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjDone’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1694: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictKeysCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1735: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1751: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictValuesCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1800: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:1808: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictForCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2462: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2509: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2521: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjDone’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictFilterCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2702: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2717: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2734: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2743: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2785: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2844: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjDone’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2866: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2876: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjDone’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:2886: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjDone’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c: In function ‘DictWithCmd’:
./generic/tclDictObj.c:3078: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjFirst’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:3085: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjNext’ from incompatible pointer type
./generic/tclDictObj.c:3090: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘tclStubsPtr->tcl_DictObjDone’ from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [tclDictObj.o] Error 1