This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

getting information from outside irc

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
S
Sarteck
Voice

getting information from outside irc

Post by Sarteck »

Dear Eggheads,

I'm a complete newbie to eggdrop, and to Tcl (though I plan on learning Tcl as I go).

I am trying to make my bot relay messages from a custom PHP chat I made to the IRC channel, and from the IRC channel to the PHP chat. Unfortunately, I don't know the first place to look. If someone can give me a link or two in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. :)
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

Search the archive here or at www.tclscript.com for "irc2www"... That would be a starting place atleast.
S
Sarteck
Voice

Post by Sarteck »

Well, that would have been exactly what I was looking for, except for two problems.

The irc2www-advanced is meant to be used with eggdrop 1.1.5 with the eb1 patch applied. I can find eggdrop 1.1.5 easily enough, but the only eb1 patch I can find is for 1.3, not 1.1.5.

I tried it on my 1.6.18 (I think that's what it is), just in case it would work anyway, but it didn't. It just sat there trying to connect for the longest time, and then just timed out.

So, I tried to find the irc2www STANDARD instead of ADVANCED. I read somewhere in my searching that it could be used without a patch. Unfortunately, I cannot find it, either.

If anyone knows where I can find the eb1 patch for 1.1.5, or where I could get irc2www STANDARD, I'd be grateful!

[EDIT] THanks, strikelight, for a nudge in the right direction.
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

The eb patch was included in the tarball when I downloaded it from the tclscript.com database.
S
Sarteck
Voice

Post by Sarteck »

OMG... YOu're right... >.< Here I only saw the .desc file... THank you so much, strikelight! ^_^