This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

problems after problems. plz help

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
S
SmilingAssassin
Voice

problems after problems. plz help

Post by SmilingAssassin »

i bought a shell and upload eggdrop 1.6.18 with cute FTP and unzip successfully.
then i went for configuration.

./configure
it said permission denied.

make configure

then i install a eggdrop v1.6.15, on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p9. which was offered my shell hosting service itself.

by typing intsall-eggdrop

now the bot is on, and has joined my channel i had alredy registered its nick but i dont know how to identify my bot nick. the nick enforce is off so bot is on its own nick and i have added the nick in AOP list but i cant sets op mode +o to bot, coz channel is on secure ops and the bot hasnt identify the nick yet.

and now how can i add more tcl scripts into my bot?

am not sure how to add tcl. plz guide me.
YooHoo
Owner

Re: problems after problems. plz help

Post by YooHoo »

SmilingAssassin wrote:i bought a shell and upload eggdrop 1.6.18 with cute FTP and unzip successfully.
then i went for configuration.

./configure

make configure

then i install a eggdrop v1.6.15, on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p9. which was offered my shell hosting service itself.

by typing intsall-eggdrop

now the bot is on, and has joined my channel i had alredy registered its nick but i dont know how to identify my bot nick. the nick enforce is off so bot is on its own nick and i have added the nick in AOP list but i cant sets op mode +o to bot, coz channel is on secure ops and the bot hasnt identify the nick yet.

and now how can i add more tcl scripts into my bot?

am not sure how to add tcl. plz guide me.
in regards to the permission denied messages, talk to your shell provider. As for identifying your bot, you could approach it several ways. You could dcc to the bot, then simply use .msg commands to do it manually. You could alter the built in procedure found in your eggdrop conf (proc init-server) to have the bot identify to services after it connects to the irc ( see this post to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Another way to make the bot identify to services is to load a tcl script, there are many many such scripts already written, visit the tcl archives to find them. As for how to load a tcl into your bot, it is explained in full detail here. Hope this helps you :mrgreen:
S
SmilingAssassin
Voice

thx bro. its working.

but one more problem. the bot working good in dcc.
but it does not respond on channel main.
and its trigger is " . " but i want to change it to " ! " how can i do that
S
SmilingAssassin
Voice

the bot still not working in main channel window. i have to DCC it.
plz help me out.
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

You will need a script to perform public commands. Search the Script archive for an appropriate script.