This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

OPing other Bots

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
the_blob

Post by the_blob »

I have about 10 bots linked, which is well and good, but the thing of annoyance is, when one of the bots joins the channels, one can see on the partyline that the bot is being opped by all other bots, which then results in like 9 scrolled lines. Is there a way to disable this, so the bot/bots/users don't show when being opped on all the bots, and just only 1-2 of em?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What script are you using to ops the bots.

If it is botnetops (netbots or standalone), read the configurations files, they have information on how to prevent this.
R
Roze

Post by Roze »

I didnt catch the real problem..
Is the problem in partyline? So it is filled with unneeded mode changes in chan.. so make .help console and remove the according flag :smile:

Or the problem is that too many bots op when a user/bot joins..

Well to avoid the second one I myself do so: add to to all bots +a flag (bots arent joining/leaving chans so often and having oped by all bots is somtimes important) remove +a from users.. and make ltes say some 2-3 bots +autoop on chan.. so users are only oped by them..

You can also play arround with aop delay.. although sometimes when not ussing some specifick scripts its better to set it 0:0..
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

autoop is evil. someone should make that an #undef in eggdrop.h by default