This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

1 channel, 0 users

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
k
knucKles
Voice

1 channel, 0 users

Post by knucKles »

Hey!

I've configured a brand new eggdrop (1.6.17) with tcl 8.4. It starts normally if I use "./eggdrop -m ./eggdrop.conf". At the end it says, that it has joined 1 channel with 0 users and is running in background. But I am in the channel and no eggdrop appears. In my .conf file is written that it should connect to irc.quakenet.org:6667 and the channel is set too. I'm sitting behind a router at my home and at the university too. Can anybody help me with this? I need this bot for a presentation.

Thanks!
s
sk-4
Halfop

Post by sk-4 »

to start it should be like tis if iam correct
"./eggdrop -m eggdrop.conf"
reason not appear maybe nick hold by service(not sure if quakenet using nickserv enforce)
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Code: Select all

# What is your network?
#   0 = EFnet (non +e/+I Hybrid)
#   1 = IRCnet
#   2 = Undernet
#   3 = DALnet
#   4 = +e/+I Hybrid
#   5 = Others
set net-type 0
Most likely this is the cause of your problems. Network is incorrect. Also, get rid of the port after your server (the :6667). You only need to do this if you have problems (or the ircd uses non standard port ranges). Using defaults is usually best as it allows the bot to seek other ports for connectivity, hardcoding it does not.
k
knucKles
Voice

Post by knucKles »

Thank you for your answers!

I edited the .conf file at the two points speechles mentioned (delete port :6667 and set net-type 0). Then I started the eggdrop with ./eggdrop -m livehacking.conf like sk-4 said. But the promlem didn't disappear.

[15:40] === bottobot: 1 channels, 0 users.
Launched into the background  (pid: 2403)
The process is shown under "ps" as PID 2403 but in the channel no bot appears. You can find my config file under the following URL so you can check it for mistakes please.

http://schwanzkafka.ifs-inett.de/bot/livehacking.conf

Thanks!
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

knucKles wrote:Thank you for your answers!

I edited the .conf file at the two points speechles mentioned (delete port :6667 and set net-type 0)
And in that, your problem is noticed. Why did you choose net-type 0? Is quakenet an efnet ratbox variety? I doubt it, you need to pick the "correct" net type. I am on efnet. zero works for me.

set net-type 5
This will solve your problem.

Just in case this becomes an issue later, you should only use the -m option to MAKE your bot, once. During make the bot will follow the channel settings set within the eggdrop.conf to create channel records and join them. Afterwards, changing anything in the eggdrop.conf channel settings will not matter, you must change them via .chanset on your bots partyline after gaining ownership and setting your password. Just some small things to keep in mind because sometimes people will assume the channel record settings within the eggdrop.conf allow dynamic changes, and they do not.. :wink:

The static channel record settings within eggdrop.conf are only used by the bot during make (-m).
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

speechles wrote: And in that, your problem is noticed. Why did you choose net-type 0? Is quakenet an efnet ratbox variety? I doubt it, you need to pick the "correct" net type. I am on efnet. zero works for me.
Actually, ratbox a split branch of hybrid. That setting was actually meant for csircd, which prison and some .edu servers ran for a while.

But alas, the problem does not appear to be net-setting.
the 1 channel and 0 users it displays is that there is 1 channel in its config file, and 0 users in its userfile (not in the channel).

Start your eggdrop up with the -nm flags and see what is going on.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

# Un-comment the next line and set the list of owners of the bot.
# You NEED to change this setting.
set owner "knucKles"
set owner "Mandl"
set owner "hack0r"
Notice, it says set the 'list' of owners. Not reset the owner variable three times. As owner will now simply be hack0r, everyone else set as owner before will be lost.

set owner "knucKles, Mandl, hack0r"
I'm betting you haven't even gotten as far as messaging the bot your greeting of HELLO to take ownership. Meaning, this could be why it hasn't joined any channels yet and knows no one.
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

It will still join channels even with no owner set, as long as there is a static channel defined in the conf, which there is by the startup message, but yes, he should correct the owners variable anyway.
starr
Voice

Post by starr »

Just a thought. Seems you may have removed a needed bracket in the static channel setting seen below.

# Add each static channel you want your bot to sit in using the following
# command. There are many different possible settings you can insert into
# this command, which are explained below.
#
# channel add #lamest {
# chanmode "+nt-likm"
# idle-kick 0
# stopnethack-mode 0
# revenge-mode 0
# ban-time 120
# exempt-time 60
# invite-time 60
# aop-delay 5:30
# need-op { putserv "PRIVMSG #lamest :op me cos i'm lame!" }
# need-invite { putserv "PRIVMSG #lamest :let me in!" }
# need-key { putserv "PRIVMSG #lamest :let me in!" }
# need-unban { putserv "PRIVMSG #lamest :let me in!" }
# need-limit { putserv "PRIVMSG #lamest :let me in!" }
# flood-chan 10:60
# flood-deop 3:10
# flood-kick 3:10
# flood-join 5:60
# flood-ctcp 3:60
# flood-nick 5:60
# }

Your config shows...
# Add each static channel you want your bot to sit in using the following
# command. There are many different possible settings you can insert into
# this command, which are explained below.
#
channel add #livehacking

# chanmode "+nt-likm"
# idle-kick 0
# stopnethack-mode 0
# revenge-mode 0
# ban-time 120
# exempt-time 60
# invite-time 60
# aop-delay 5:30
# need-op { putserv "PRIVMSG #livehacking :gib mich op, altaaah!" }
# need-invite { putserv "PRIVMSG #livehacking :lass mich rein, mann!" }
# need-key { putserv "PRIVMSG #livehacking :gib mir schluessel, ey!" }
# need-unban { putserv "PRIVMSG #livehacking :mach ban wech, freundchen!" }
# need-limit { putserv "PRIVMSG #livehacking :nu is schluss... limit erreicht!" }
# flood-chan 10:60
# flood-deop 3:10
# flood-kick 3:10
# flood-join 5:60
# flood-ctcp 3:60
# flood-nick 5:60
# }
k
knucKles
Voice

Post by knucKles »

Hey!

Wonderful! It works now! I edited "set net-type 5" and entered just one owner. Then I started the bot with "./eggdrop -nm livehacking.conf" and it said that it entered the channel. Now the bot is in the channel and I made myself his master with "/msg bottobot hello". Much thanks to you guys (and girls? I don't know)!!!

knucKles
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

If it works with -n (foreground) but doesn't without it (background), then you most likely have a Tcl threading problem, which I suspected earlier.
Easiest method would be to have the admin compile Tcl as unthreaded, or you can search the forums here for what you need to edit to allow eggdrop to work with threaded tcl8.5.
k
knucKles
Voice

Post by knucKles »

You are right. It just works with the -n flag. But for my purposes it doesn't matter if it runs in fore- or background and it should run perfectliy in a few days so I will not recompile TCL because it's to risky for me. ;) But thank you for your help. Without you it would not work today! :)