This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UNOFFICIAL incith-google 2.1x (Nov30,2o12)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
P
Phyxion
Voice

Post by Phyxion »

Google stopped working. I tried all versions posted here and non of them are working. Google must have changed it's code once again :(
m
madwoota
Halfop

Post by madwoota »

Phyxion wrote:Google stopped working. I tried all versions posted here and non of them are working. Google must have changed it's code once again :(
Yeh, they changed <div class=g> to <li class=g>, so it's a 3 character regex fix from "div class=g>" to " class=g>" :)
P
Phyxion
Voice

Post by Phyxion »

madwoota wrote:
Phyxion wrote:Google stopped working. I tried all versions posted here and non of them are working. Google must have changed it's code once again :(
Yeh, they changed <div class=g> to <li class=g>, so it's a 3 character regex fix from "div class=g>" to " class=g>" :)
I didn't know exactly what to change, so I also changed the class=e things (Maybe they changed that too :P) and it works now. Thanks.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Phyxion wrote:I didn't know exactly what to change, so I also changed the class=e things (Maybe they changed that too :P) and it works now. Thanks.
Wow, you've broken onebox results if you touched the class=e sections. Just change what madwoota said and you would be fine, once in the regexp and once in the regsub below it, both found under the #normal search comment... If you go nuts changing things that don't need changing, expect those things not to work any longer. The rule is, if it isn't broken, DON'T FIX IT... LMAO

http://ereader.kiczek.com/incith-google-v1.98t.tcl

Public once again, yeah, I fixed my own version as soon as the problem appeared, sorry it took so long for the public version to get the fix too.. The fix madwoota mentions is exactly all you need to do. Google changed normal search results from a <div class=g into <li class=g. They like line items instead of page divisions now I guess...
P
Phyxion
Voice

Post by Phyxion »

speechles wrote:
Phyxion wrote:I didn't know exactly what to change, so I also changed the class=e things (Maybe they changed that too :P) and it works now. Thanks.
Wow, you've broken onebox results if you touched the class=e sections. Just change what madwoota said and you would be fine, once in the regexp and once in the regsub below it, both found under the #normal search comment... If you go nuts changing things that don't need changing, expect those things not to work any longer. The rule is, if it isn't broken, DON'T FIX IT... LMAO

http://ereader.kiczek.com/incith-google-v1.98t.tcl

Public once again, yeah, I fixed my own version as soon as the problem appeared, sorry it took so long for the public version to get the fix too.. The fix madwoota mentions is exactly all you need to do. Google changed normal search results from a <div class=g into <li class=g. They like line items instead of page divisions now I guess...
I see, didnt now. Changed it back :shock:
s
superjet
Voice

Post by superjet »

incith-google-v1.98t.tcl send wrong encode to google , eggdrop-1.6.19 with utf-8 patch

Code: Select all

!g 时间
38,300  Results | Acrylic Jewelry Displayers: Earrings @ 
http://www.displayit-info.com/acrylic/jewelry/acrylic6_ear4pair.html | Hb Toulon 
                 [alpha77(EF6)Pro-->His]: a n @ 
                 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10569726 | [PDF] ¢¡¤£¦¥¨§ © £ § 
                 ¢!"£# $ % £ £& '©(§ @ 
                 http://eprints.biblio.unitn.it/archive/00000779/01/PhDTS38.pdf | 
                 [PDF] The Informant at ChessCafe.com @
while incith-google-v1.98s.tcl works with correct encode

which maybe due to many similar parts(as in utf-8 chatroom, charset error converted from utf-8 into ???, so it just works without encode convertion) :

-- incith-google-v1.98s.tcl
+++ incith-google-v1.98t.tcl
@@ -1015,7 +1020,7 @@
         if {$incith::google::bold_descriptions == 0} {

regsub -all -- "\002" $no_search {} no_search

}

-        set no_search [string trim $no_search]

+        set no_search [incithencode [string trim $no_search]]

}

# give results an output header with result tally.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

superjet wrote:incith-google-v1.98t.tcl send wrong encode to google , eggdrop-1.6.19 with utf-8 patch

!g 时间
38,300  Results | Acrylic Jewelry Displayers: Earrings @ 
http://www.displayit-info.com/acrylic/jewelry/acrylic6_ear4pair.html | Hb Toulon 
                 [alpha77(EF6)Pro-->His]: a n @ 
                 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10569726 | [PDF] ¢¡¤£¦¥¨§ © £ § 
                 ¢!"£# $ % £ £& '©(§ @ 
                 http://eprints.biblio.unitn.it/archive/00000779/01/PhDTS38.pdf | 
                 [PDF] The Informant at ChessCafe.com @
while incith-google-v1.98s.tcl works with correct encode

which maybe due to many similar parts(as in utf-8 chatroom, charset error converted from utf-8 into ???, so it just works without encode convertion) :

-- incith-google-v1.98s.tcl
+++ incith-google-v1.98t.tcl
@@ -1015,7 +1020,7 @@
         if {$incith::google::bold_descriptions == 0} {

regsub -all -- "\002" $no_search {} no_search

}

-        set no_search [string trim $no_search]

+        set no_search [incithencode [string trim $no_search]]

}

# give results an output header with result tally.
stop posting code and guessing stuff. You have no idea how this script works so why post code you have no idea about....
You have no idea what changed? Well let me tell you, I changed the query to iso8859-1 instead of utf-8. That is why. If you want to hack eggdrop to utf-8 and use this script, well... yeah... you cannot, because that hack destroys iso8859-1 support... I want to make it standardized, not supporting hacks. So until then... stop posting things about the utf-8 patch in this thread. I couldn't care less, it is a hack.
s
superjet
Voice

Post by superjet »

ok, just like you care less about the utf-8 patch, I'll hack the script by myself and fullfill someone's wish out of the thread....
roll the opensource...
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

superjet wrote:ok, just like you care less about the utf-8 patch, I'll hack the script by myself and fullfill someone's wish out of the thread....
roll the opensource...
By seeing the diff file you posted, I doubt your aware what to change to fix it....lmao.. If you read back into this thread you will see the difficulty level ramps up exponentially when you get to encoding/utf-8 and if your not at the level the script is at, you won't be able to help it much. This isn't saying I haven't tried to support the utf-8 hack, it's entirely possible but it will ONLY support utf-8, and break entirely iso8859-1 support. iso8859-1 support is primarily needed for communicating with http sockets. The default communication encoding is iso8859-1. So hacking it all to utf-8, requires the script be toned way down, removing any site which communicates in iso8859-1. So It will no longer support any website issuing charset encoding as iso8859-1. So yep, google doesn't work with utf-8 because google will always send the encoding to match the language detected.
<bot> url: http://www.google.com/search?q=stuff&sa ... all&num=10 charset: iso8859-1 encode_string: iso8859-1
Now if you've been following or using this script at all for any serious amount of time, you have discovered the debug setting and the debugnick variables. This is where the quote above comes from. Notice what Google is encoding the html returned to us in? (hint: it's underlined)

So, if you think your level of understanding can produce something that can work in utf-8 with Google. Well, by all means, I would love to see anyone try. This is all I've ever asked, insight and understanding. That is why I doubt you will be able to do much more than I have done which was not bias the script towards any language intentionally and allow it to work dynamically with any. This was more of a learning experience for me writing it than it was meant to be purposeful. The fact that it actually works as well as it does is sometimes surprising to me... lol :lol:

*** note: If anyone has experience with and by trial-and-error came to know some things about eggdrop, the utf-8 patch (I use windrop which isn't exactly as simple to compile with this patch, without installing the required environment in full, aka a full cygwin install :cry:) and how to force sites to return html explicity in utf-8 and knows how to do this neatly without so much clutter in between, well, this thread is always open for your words of wisdom. :wink:
s
superjet
Voice

Post by superjet »

By seeing the diff file you posted, I doubt your aware what to change to fix it....lmao.
I've already made the new one behave normal both utf-8 cjk charsetes and ascii ones, which satisfy my need, so you can dismiss your doubt now
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

superjet wrote:
By seeing the diff file you posted, I doubt your aware what to change to fix it....lmao.
I've already made the new one behave normal both utf-8 cjk charsetes and ascii ones, which satisfy my need, so you can dismiss your doubt now
I can dismiss further public builds as well, based upon your remark. I shall consider it done and thanks for putting it into my head...Why don't the links work anymore?
btw, the ign review parser would've made it to the public today, but instead 404 pages do.

Everyone thank superjet for his accomplishment...

as soon as i've corrected ebay to work with the new template, perhaps the links will work again and a new version will be here as well..
and special just for you superjet, nothing.... lmao
d
danzigrules
Voice

Post by danzigrules »

sigh

why does there always have to be some arsehole in the bunch to ruin it for the rest?

I appreciate all the work you have done on this great script Speechles and I hope that you can let the comments of that putz not get under your skin.

This is one of the most used scripts that gets used in the channels my bot is in and when things go awry, it is a never ending barrage of PM's from people until it is fixed.

Tis a sad day.....
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

danzigrules wrote:sigh

why does there always have to be some arsehole in the bunch to ruin it for the rest?

I appreciate all the work you have done on this great script Speechles and I hope that you can let the comments of that putz not get under your skin.

This is one of the most used scripts that gets used in the channels my bot is in and when things go awry, it is a never ending barrage of PM's from people until it is fixed.

Tis a sad day.....
The links all work again. Everything is back to normal. New version will appear sometime tomorrow with ign review replacing the old gamespot one.

superjet fails to realize that websites return html in flavors other than utf-8. Patching eggdrop to utf-8 only breaks iso8859-1 support. Meaning any website that returns any html in iso8859-1 will be broken. So he must now change the encode_string section and replace it with 'ascii' to work-around the iso8859-1 encoding problem. How is this any better than before? You destroy iso8859-1, so must convert it into ascii which is a horrendous ugly look, but hey, at least utf-8 works. To me that isn't good enough and not worth the effort. I'd rather juggle encodings on the fly if utf-8 is returned, which is how it does presently. When eggdrop can handle utf-8 as well as it does iso8859-1 and both encodings can live together in perfect harmony, that will be the day to really start correcting the scripts behavior. At present this can't be achieved, you must break one thing to fix the other or vice versa.

@ superjet, instead of whining and complaining about what this script doesn't do. Um, how bout you take the original incith google script (not my hack attempt) and make your own hacked attempt based on that. Let's see you do any better than I have my friend. But wait, the reason you chose not to do any of this and instead complain aloud and cry like a spoiled child is that you simply can't. So you can dismiss yourself from this thread as your participation is not appreciated.

@ everyone else, I apologize for taking the low road and removing the links and allowing superjet to 'get under my skin' as he did. This shall not happen again, rest assured. I will instead relax, smoke some marijuana and rub feces over my monitor obscuring any comments superjet makes, as thats what his comments are equated to, fecal matter.
s
superjet
Voice

Post by superjet »

Thanks for remind, I've already begin to work on an new one of my own to meet my searching need. While at the same time, it's my business to do what's I'm like to do and modify what, if only it's gpled one . And I'm no interesting to play with one like sick bitch.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I'm going to temporarily lock this thread and cleanup a few posts, as things seems to be going a bit out of hand here...

Everybody, lets try and keep things in a friendly manner. If some people behave badly, don't use that as an excuse to do the same, ignore them and/or get in touch with one of us moderators. We're here to sort these things out...

---
Edit completed, going to unlock the thread again. Don't make me come back here again ;)
NML_375