This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Unique badword kick script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
s
scarpa
Voice

Unique badword kick script

Post by scarpa »

I'm looking for a script that basically runs like this script in the tcl archive, http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... load&id=29 but instead of adding the user who triggered the bad word into the bot's user file, I'd like the bot just to place a ban. And the main reason I'd like to have someone help me create a script is because I'd like to centralize the list of bad words instead of every op in the channel running their own script to controll the users. So basically I'd like to have the bot grab a list of the bad words off of a .txt file stored on a web server that the other ops can login to and add or remove badwords from the .txt file. I know enough php for the web part, but need a little help with the bot part. So if you have extra time and would like to help please do. =D You can also reach me on efnet under the nick Scarpa.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

This is a big project. Have you tryed differant bad word scripts, there are a few out there that have the ability to share bad words via the botnet. So you wouldn't really need to bother with all the extra web/input stuff. Just a simple visit to any bots party line would add/del/list all bad words and stuff.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Why not use a simple msg command to add bad words on the bot?