This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
e
e-force
Voice

host exempt?

Post by e-force »

Is there any option to exempt a hostname from join flood, like an example? I have searched for option like this, but nothing found. Am i miss this option, or there is no way to exclude some host from join flood check?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

There's no option to specifically exempt users from join-flood only, however you can add users as +f on your bot which will exempt them from all protections.
e
e-force
Voice

Post by e-force »

This does not work for me, but your replay was helpful. Thanks!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Perhaps I'll integrate some exemption feature that is independent for every offense; it's on the to-do list now :)
C
Casey952
Voice

Post by Casey952 »

thank you so much Sir_Fz for the ban first then kick. You could add it to the next beta.
D
Danik
Halfop

Post by Danik »

I can't find out the bad words list, how to add bad words to the egg ? ;)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If you actually read the header of the script you would've noticed this
Commands:
DCC:
.ap:import <oldchan> <*/newchan> (This sets the AP settings of <oldchan> on <newchan> or all chans if *)
.ap:reset <*/chan> (This will reset the AP settings of chan or all chans if * to the default settings)
.ap:disable <*/chan> (This will disable all protections on chan or all chans if *)
.ap:monitor (displays info about followed punishments)
.ap:add <list> <chan/global> <elements>
.ap:rem <list> <chan/global> <elements>
.ap:list <list> <chan/global>
.ap:priv <set/list> <setting> <value> (priv flood settings)
** Available lists: bchans, bnicks, bidents, bwords, adexempts, droneexempts, adwords, bctcrs & greetexempts.
I
Ikaa
Voice

Post by Ikaa »

The 4shared link for 4.6.9b seems to be non functional. Is there a mirror? I love this script.
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Ikaa wrote:The 4shared link for 4.6.9b seems to be non functional. Is there a mirror? I love this script.
http://www.4shared.com/file/70288152/71 ... n46b9.html works for me?
I
Ikaa
Voice

Post by Ikaa »

doesnt work for me. I click it, hit download, wait 10 seconds, click the next link, and it tells me it invalid.

removed link. replaced by official upload

4.6b9 is a huge improvement over 4.5 i like the simplicity in the newer version. also had problems recognizing control codes with 4.5
Last edited by Ikaa on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Strange, the link is correct but it seems 4shared have something wrong with their system. Anyway, I uploaded it on megaupload, get it from here.
Last edited by Sir_Fz on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L
Lupo
Voice

Post by Lupo »

I've been gladly using your script for a while now as it must be the most complete script for eggdrop out there, but recently i've been getting the following error on an attempt of action :

Tcl error [adv:kick]: expected integer but got ""

I got the same for all kicks and kickbans.

I'm using eggdrop 1.6.19 and the latest tcl installed.

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT : i have this both with version 4.5 and 4.6b9
e
entropy
Voice

Post by entropy »

Excellent all-around protection script. Thanks!

In my testing, I noticed that +v users on the bot are exempt if they happen to trigger an actionable event (like repeat lines), just like +o users are.

The channel I run this script in has many voiced users due to the way we try to limit abuse (+m chan, everybody gets auto voiced after 20s. We then blacklist abusers so they don't get the auto voice). This helps with fly-by spam and a number of other issues.

I was wondering if theres an easy way to set which user flags will be exempt from action if they trigger one of the settings, and which will be subject to it. I looked through the source but couldn't easily locate where you're doing your if/match.

Maybe in future versions this would be useful as a knob users can configure?

ie> ap:protectedusers omn

to make all non op/master/owner users subject to the protection settings?

Maybe even for more granular settings

ap:protectedusersglobal
ap:protecteduserschan

to protect users by global flags and per channel flags. If something like this existed I could easily enforce my protections on auto voiced users where it doesn't appear that I can now. Just a suggestion :)

Best protection script available, nice work!

On a side note, it looks like the new version number didn't make it into the loaded/unloaded messages. It still says v4.6b8.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Lupo wrote:I've been gladly using your script for a while now as it must be the most complete script for eggdrop out there, but recently i've been getting the following error on an attempt of action :

Tcl error [adv:kick]: expected integer but got ""

I got the same for all kicks and kickbans.

I'm using eggdrop 1.6.19 and the latest tcl installed.

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT : i have this both with version 4.5 and 4.6b9
This error can't happen with version 4.6b9 since it does not contain a procedure called adv:kick. Upgrading to the latest version will solve your problem. If you still want to fix it in version 4.5 then please paste the output of '.set errorInfo'
entropy wrote:Excellent all-around protection script. Thanks!

In my testing, I noticed that +v users on the bot are exempt if they happen to trigger an actionable event (like repeat lines), just like +o users are.

The channel I run this script in has many voiced users due to the way we try to limit abuse (+m chan, everybody gets auto voiced after 20s. We then blacklist abusers so they don't get the auto voice). This helps with fly-by spam and a number of other issues.

I was wondering if theres an easy way to set which user flags will be exempt from action if they trigger one of the settings, and which will be subject to it. I looked through the source but couldn't easily locate where you're doing your if/match.

Maybe in future versions this would be useful as a knob users can configure?

ie> ap:protectedusers omn

to make all non op/master/owner users subject to the protection settings?

Maybe even for more granular settings

ap:protectedusersglobal
ap:protecteduserschan

to protect users by global flags and per channel flags. If something like this existed I could easily enforce my protections on auto voiced users where it doesn't appear that I can now. Just a suggestion Smile

Best protection script available, nice work!

On a side note, it looks like the new version number didn't make it into the loaded/unloaded messages. It still says v4.6b8.
You can edit who is exempted by changing the exmptype setting
# Set here any additional exempts, you can exempt the following:
# ops: Channel ops
# halfops: Channel halfops
# voices: Channel voices
# +flags|+flags: Users with global or channel specific flags (e.g. +fm friends and masters...)
# -flags&-flags: Users which do not have the specified flags (e.g. -k&-k)
variable exmptype {ops voices +fmo|+fmo}
Oh and yes, I forgot to change the version number in the loaded/unloaded message, my bad. Problem fixed in the new links :) thanks
e
entropy
Voice

Post by entropy »

Sir_Fz wrote: You can edit who is exempted by changing the exmptype setting
# Set here any additional exempts, you can exempt the following:
# ops: Channel ops
# halfops: Channel halfops
# voices: Channel voices
# +flags|+flags: Users with global or channel specific flags (e.g. +fm friends and masters...)
# -flags&-flags: Users which do not have the specified flags (e.g. -k&-k)
variable exmptype {ops voices +fmo|+fmo}
Hmm, sorry about that... Can't believe I missed it in the script. Thanks! :)