This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

proc for mode checking

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
L
Lupo
Voice

proc for mode checking

Post by Lupo »

does anybody have a proc for user mode checking? preferably something similar than the builtin isop and ishalfop (check returns one or zero)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

What exactly are you looking for?
L
Lupo
Voice

Post by Lupo »

its to be able to do checks if someone are admins or owners of channels... (unrealircd). it should be possible by using /who or /whois but i don't know how to do this. afaik, eggdrop has no builtin isowner or isadmin commands.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

You can only check public modes... such as +o and etc. User modes are private, such as +i and +w etc.
L
Lupo
Voice

Post by Lupo »

ok... can someone make me a proc to check public modes then?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If this info is returned using /who or /whois then you need to supply more information such as the raw numbers and the format of the replies on the ircd.
L
Lupo
Voice

Post by Lupo »

Thommey of tclhelp.net provided me the code for isowner and isadmin routines for unrealircd. If anyone else is interested, I will bundle them with my public commands script when it's final (really getting close now), and these functions will also be available in the upcoming eggdrop 10.6.20.

Sir_Fz : kindly check my follow up post in my other thread for the !warn command. Thank you. :D