This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

EnergyMech

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
j
jhjhgj

EnergyMech

Post by jhjhgj »

EnergyMech 2.8.1 <--- suck ass !
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

For a bot that is not extandable (as easily as eggdrop), I think it does suck ass (no offence), in a bad way.

99% of shell providers refuse to support it, and 95% refuse to let users run it.

Just becuase it allows you to run more than one nickname on IRC, without needing another backgroud process, does not mean it is |337. In fact, it gives a user a fault sence of security. It only take one process to die, to wipe out all botnicks! As well, if you flood 1 nickname, you are infact flooding them all, due to the fact, it's one process.

Aside from that, it's a well coded bot, and does it's job.
g
guppy
eggdrop engineer

*shrug*

Post by guppy »

Emech in my mind is a good bot -- yes, it is not as easy to extend as eggdrop; however, it also lacks the bloat eggdrop has :) Its a quick, well coded bot -- just because it isn't the same as eggdrop or follow the same design principles as eggdrop doesn't mean it sucks.

The multi-headed feature is very cool -- I wish sometimes eggdrop had it. Yes, it is easy to take out all the bots by flooding anyone of them; however, not all people use their bot for channel protection. A lot of points people raise about why a program sucks are moot and meaningless.

Jeff
B
Bever
Voice

Re: EnergyMech

Post by Bever »

FoRc wrote:EnergyMech 2.8.1 <--- suck ass !
It seems to me that for someone who can't take comments on his own work (http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=2154), you do a great job tearing apart the work of others.

Either you are just making this statement in an attempt to make yourself popular, or you just don't know what you are talking about. Either way, you don't come out too well.

If you can do a better job coding an IRC bot: by all means, go ahead. But even if it's twice as good as your site, you won't find me running it.