This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot doesnt accept dcc chat

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
M
McMilan
Voice

Bot doesnt accept dcc chat

Post by McMilan »

Hello.

My eggdrop doesnt accept dcc chat. I don't know why. My Host is added in .user file.

Any idea?
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Quite often a router/firewall issue. Do you have a router? Possibly a host issue ie. has your host/ip changed since you were added to to bot's userfile such that it no longer recognises you?

The first thing to do is establish whether you can get on the bot's partyline by any of the available methods.

1. /dcc chat <botnick>
2. /ctcp <botnick> chat
3. use a telnet client such as putty to telnet to the bot's host and listening port (set in the .conf file)

The latter option would maybe need the default 'set protect-telnet 0' in the .conf file, just in case your host has changed.
I must have had nothing to do
M
McMilan
Voice

Post by McMilan »

arfer wrote:Quite often a router/firewall issue. Do you have a router? Possibly a host issue ie. has your host/ip changed since you were added to to bot's userfile such that it no longer recognises you?

The first thing to do is establish whether you can get on the bot's partyline by any of the available methods.

1. /dcc chat <botnick>
2. /ctcp <botnick> chat
3. use a telnet client such as putty to telnet to the bot's host and listening port (set in the .conf file)

The latter option would maybe need the default 'set protect-telnet 0' in the .conf file, just in case your host has changed.
Hello arfer.

I use vhost and the host added in bot is my vhost.

By /dcc chat <botnick> the bot doesnt reply
With /ctcp <botnick> chat respond.

Well. That command works like i wanted. :)

Thank you very much.