This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop not listening to me

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
c
cool_guy6
Voice

eggdrop not listening to me

Post by cool_guy6 »

hello i have installed Eggdrop v1.6.19 on my computer running Ubuntu 9.04 when i start up the eggdrop it joins the channel but i can not make it do any commands some commands work in telnet but nothing in the channel channel modes are nt only
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Elaborate a little.

Eggdrop does not have any IRC channel commands by default. You would have to add Tcl scripts for that.

The only commands available are partyline (DCC chat or telnet) and IRC private message commands to the bot's nick. In either case it would have to recognise you from your host.

http://www.egghelp.org/commands/index.htm
I must have had nothing to do
t
tk0
Voice

Post by tk0 »

well sort of the same issue in a sense, no matter the kind of script i use, use the trigger for that specific (any) script....bot does nothing. But I'm recognized by the bot, can telnet fine, run the eggdrop commands just fine.

Im at a loss here... help plz. :?
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Lets just be sure whether you can or cant use public commands from an addon Tcl script. Copy/Paste the following simple code into a text editor (I recommend Editpad Lite, which is free).

Code: Select all

bind PUB - !testing pPubTesting

proc pPubTesting {nick uhost hand chan text} {
    putquick "PRIVMSG $chan :I heard that!"
    return 0
}

putlog "testing.tcl loaded"
Save the file as testing.tcl (it does not require any configuration). Upload testing.tcl to the scripts subdirectory of your bot installation. Add a line to the end of the bot's .conf file as follows :-

source scripts/testing.tcl
Make sure you are editing the correct .conf file. Many times I have seen users modify a .conf file but it was not the one their bot happened to be using.

Restart the bot (use the partyline command .restart), whilst observing partyline output from your telnet connection with the bot. If you have correctly loaded the script, you will see the output "testing.tcl loaded" in the partyline.

If all is well, use the command !testing in an IRC channel (obviously one that the bot is in). You should see output similar to the following :-

[12:21] <@arfer> !testing
[12:21] <osmosis> I heard that!
t
tk0
Voice

Post by tk0 »

whoohooo!!! help is here... :)

ok i did all that, and it shows that the script loaded fine...im able to get this far with other scripts as well, it will show script loaded... use the said switch for script or any other script and nothing... channel is not +m, now does everyones hostmask have to be added in order to use said scripts..

Eggdrop v1.6.19+SSL (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2008 Eggheads
[16:51] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.19+SSL (Mon Nov  2 2009)
[16:51] Listening at telnet port **** (all).
[16:51] Module loaded: channels
[16:51] Module loaded: dns
[16:51] Module loaded: transfer         (with lang support)
[16:51] Module loaded: share
[16:51] Module loaded: server
[16:51] Module loaded: ctcp
[16:51] Module loaded: irc
[16:51] Module loaded: notes            (with lang support)
[16:51] Module loaded: console          (with lang support)
[16:51] Module loaded: blowfish
[16:51] Module loaded: uptime
[16:51] Loaded cmd_resolve.tcl successfully.
[16:51] testing.tcl. loaded
[16:51] Userfile loaded, unpacking...
[16:51] === <botname>: 2 channels, 2 users.
Launched into the background  (pid: 3316)
but if im owner wouldnt i be able to use public commands :/ damn im gonna kick myself in the butt if its something simple...
"Wake up bitch! You're my new best friend!"
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

The test script I created does not have any user restrictions. Anyone can use the command, though I suppose it is worth asking someone else in the IRC channel to try the command !testing just to be certain it is the bot and not you.
t
tk0
Voice

Post by tk0 »

ive tried it from a different ip, running xchat on a linux box and still nothing.. and ive done it with ppl that have been added to the bot with +alo and other that have not.. and still nada :(
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

I'm running out of ideas other than a badly configured bot. What IRC network is your bot on and what setting do you have in its .conf file for 'set net-type'?
t
tk0
Voice

Post by tk0 »

but it connects and everything, like it should...at least from the knowledge i have on them... its connecting to EfNet set net-type "0"
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Doesn't get us any nearer really. Should not be anything wrong there.

Try a modification to the script, just to see if the bind is triggering.

bind PUB - !testing pPubTesting

proc pPubTesting {nick uhost hand chan text} {
    putlog "I heard that in $chan"
    putquick "PRIVMSG $chan :I heard that!"
    return 0
}

putlog "testing.tcl loaded"
Don't forget to restart. This code will additionaly output 'I heard that in #channelname' to the partyline if the bind is triggered by anyone in an IRC bot channel uses the command !testing.
t
tk0
Voice

Post by tk0 »

OHHH S**T it worked!!!!! :) :) :) but damn now why is that... damn even the other script had, is working now.. what tha.... :?
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Hard to say what a fault is if it doesnt exist anymore.

Possibly a channel mode preventing output to the channel. For example +M if the bot had not identified would prevent it outputting text to the channel (on DALnet, I don't know about Efnet).